Before connecting the Salesforce Plugin to Outreach, you may prefer to test the connection in a sandbox environment to ensure the settings they set up will work the way preferred by the team.
After confirming that you meet the Salesforce integration requirements, a Salesforce Admin can initiate the connection to Outreach by using their Salesforce credentials. Once the connection has been established, you can test the transfer of data between Salesforce and Outreach in the sandbox environment.
Note: Outreach does not have a sandbox environment but will connect with Salesforce sandbox environments so users can test the functionality of the SFDC integration with Outreach before connecting to their production instance.
Connect Outreach to your Salesforce Sandbox Environment
- On the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach platform, click on the initials and select "settings"
- On the settings panel, find the section labeled "System Config" and select "Plugins".
- On the top right hand side of the page, click on the "Add" button and select "Salesforce Sandbox" from the dropdown menu.
- A pop up box will appear asking for your Salesforce login. Make sure you use a Salesforce Admin's login credentials to connect the Salesforce Sandbox.
Test Pushing Data from Outreach to Salesforce
- Click into the Salesforce Sandbox and, on the top of the screen, select "Types".
- Click into the Lead, Contact or Account object Configuration Settings.
- Enable the toggle found under the section labeled "Pushing" in the sync settings
- On the top of the page, find the "Fields" settings and map the fields you'd like to test. Check the box on the right to push data out and the box on the left to pull data in from Salesforce
- Create or Navigate to a test prospect in the Outreach database and click into the prospect's profile.
- Click the "Edit" button in the top right of the prospect's profile.
- Change one of the mapped fields, then click "Save" on the top right. This field will update it's corresponding Salesforce field within 60-90 seconds.
Test Pulling Data into Outreach from Salesforce
- Create a new Lead or Contact in the Salesforce Sandbox instance to test with (include first/last name, email and any other relevant fields that fit your configuration settings/conditions)
- In Outreach, click on the lightning bolt icon on the top right hand corner of the page and select "Salesforce Load".
- Type the name of the test Lead or Contact into the search field and select the matching record using the predictive search to see both name and Salesforce ID
- Uncheck the "Skip plugin filters and conditions" checkbox, then click the "Import" button
- Search for the record and confirm it exists in Outreach.
Manually Push/Pull Data within Outreach
To further test the data transfer capabilities in Outreach, a user can manually push or pull data from a Prospect or Account record within Outreach. Learn more here.
Post Email Activity to Salesforce
- Ensure the Lead or Contact record who will be emailed has been created in Outreach as a Prospect
- Click into the prospect's profile, then click the prospect's email address located in the right sidebar
- Compose a message by typing content into the subject and body fields, then click the Send button
Emails will post to the Activity section of the Lead or Contact record in Salesforce within 60-90 seconds.