The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in creating and managing custom record fields in Outreach.
- Outreach Admins
- Some Outreach views and options require admin-level governance permissions. If the options outlined in this article are unavailable, contact the Org's Outreach Administrator as applicable. For more information regarding governance profile settings, refer to the Governance Profile Settings Overview article.
- This article illustrates the process for accessing and updating Opportunity, Prospect, and Accounts Custom Fields.
- For more information regarding mapping custom fields, refer to the applicable CRM Integrations content.
- Custom Fields have a character limit of 30K.
- Outreach recommends clearly labeling custom fields to ensure Users are importing the correct information to the correct fields.
- Named custom fields appear as a named field on the Prospect record and within the CRM plugin field mappings on the Lead and Contact objects.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the Administration (The Gear Icon).
- Under Records, select the record type you would like to add a custom field to, for example Prospects.
- You should see a list of all the custom fields available. Enter the custom field name as needed.
- Click Save.
The Custom Field is now available in the corresponding record's settings (i.e. Prospect, Account, or Opportunity as applicable).