The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach admins in the basic mapping of fields between Outreach and a CRM plugin.
- Outreach Admins
- Outreach does not map to sub-statuses. Organizations needing to map to a sub-status must map a custom field. For more information on syncing sub-statuses to a CRM, refer to the How To Add Triggers for Syncing Sub-Statuses with a CRM article.
- When a field is mapped, that field value will update for those corresponding object records in Outreach based on the Polling settings, either manually or automatically per the duration set. A field value will not update until the value of the field has changed for newly mapped fields, so a manual sync would be necessary if you want this to be immediate. To push field content from Outreach to Salesforce, the checkbox to do so must be checked.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Access the CRM Integration.
- Click the applicable object type.
- Click Add mapping on the right-hand side. Blank fields will populate at the bottom of the Mapped Fields List.
- Select the corresponding field from the CRM Field dropdown menu.
Select the applicable field from the Outreach Field dropdown menu.
Example: Select Work Phone from the Outreach Prospect Field dropdown menu and select Business Phone from the Dynamics Leads Field dropdown menu to map the Prospects' work phone number value to the corresponding Lead's business phone value in Dynamics.
- Click to enable the Update CRM and Update Outreach options as applicable.
- Click Save.