Automatically sequencing inbound leads can be a powerful tool for sellers and marketers looking to decrease the time it takes to engage with inbound leads. It also helps standardize how to approach various customer segments that come inbound from marketing efforts.
Create a Trigger to Automatically Sequence Inbound Leads
- Create a sequence for each inbound lead type
- Create a trigger for each sequence you created in step 1
- Navigate to the trigger overview in the Outreach menu
- Click the "+ Add" button in the top right to create a new trigger
- Best practice: Click the "edit trigger" link on the bottom right of the quick create window to see all trigger settings
Add a Trigger Event
Trigger events determine when a trigger should take action. The event for this trigger should be "Prospect Created" so the triggers attempts to take action once a new prospect is created in Outreach.
Create Prospect Conditions
These are the field conditions that need to be met before the trigger takes action on a prospect. See the conditions grouped together below that denote the Title field must contain either "Director", "VP" or "CEO" - the Title field must also include "Sales" and the Company Size must be greater than "50".
Add Trigger Actions
This is the action the trigger finally takes once the event and conditions are met. In this case, the trigger will automatically add newly created prospect to the "CXOs Intro" sequence if they satisfy the trigger conditions.