The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in manually updating Prospect Sequence actions.
- Outreach Users
- This article outlines the process for manually updating a sequence action for a Prospect in a Sequence, including pausing and resuming Prospects. For more information regarding resuming pending Prospects, refer to the How To Resume Pending Prospects article.
- Prospects can pause as a result of how sequences are configured to handle out of office replies; for more information regarding how sequences manage out of office replies, refer to the How To Enable Out of the Office Sequence Settings article.
How To Manually Update Prospect Sequence Actions:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the Sequence icon (paper plane) in the navigation sidebar.
- Sort and filter and click the applicable Sequence.
- Click Prospects and select Prospects from the dropdown menu.
- Click to select the applicable Prospects.
- Click the More Options icon (ellipses) and select the applicable action as outlined in the table below:
Option Description Resume Change a Prospect from a Paused State to an Active State. Note: This option is only available for Prospects in a Paused State. Pause Suspends Prospects from moving through a Sequence until manually resumed. Mark Finished Sets the Prospect State to Finished (No Reply). Mark Replied Sets the Prospect State to Finished (Replied). Assign Mailbox Change the Sequencer so that emails and Tasks will be sent by a different User. Move To Step Jumps a Prospect ahead to another step in a Sequence by skipping over steps. Note: Skipping steps may cause the Sequence to break or create instabilities of key steps skipped. Users cannot move steps for any steps that are completed. Remove Removes the Prospect from the Sequence (not the Platform). Removed Prospects can be re-added as needed.
A Note About Prospects Paused due to Out of Office Replies:
The OOTO replies will automatically resume Prospects if the Sequence settings are configured correctly. For more information regarding out of office behavior, refer to the How To Enable Out of the Office Sequence Settings article.