The purpose of this article is to provide information to Outreach Users regarding triggers.
Triggers are an extremely powerful admin feature that allow you to automate action in Outreach.
- Outreach Users
Parts of a Trigger
- Trigger Event - The trigger event determines when a trigger should take action.
- Trigger Conditions - Conditions can be applied to prospects or accounts in Outreach. Conditions outlined in the trigger must be met before the trigger fires. Prospect and account conditions are built from fields that exist on the prospect or account record. Examples include "Title contains VP" or "Opt out is not false".
- Trigger Actions - The trigger action is the specific action the trigger takes when the trigger event and conditions are met.
Creating a Trigger to Remove Tags
Removing tags from a prospect or account is the trigger action, and fires when the trigger event and trigger conditions are met.
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach platform. On the settings panel, find the section labeled "System Config" and select "Triggers".
- Click the "Add" button on the top right corner of the page. A pop up window will appear.
- Name the trigger and set the trigger event.
- Add conditions that must be met on the prospect and/or account for associated tags to be removed.
- Select the trigger action "Remove Tags" and type in the names of the tags that need to be removed. To add multiple , click "enter" after each tag entry. Tags are case sensitive and must be an exact text match for removal.
- Save your changes and return to the trigger overview page. Find your new trigger and enable it by clicking on the master toggle, found to the left of the trigger name.
Note: As multiple triggers are created, Outreach will fire triggers based on the order they are listed on the overview page.