The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in assigning a Prospect to an opportunity.
- Outreach Users
- This article discusses assigning Prospects to an opportunity outside of sequences. For more information regarding adding Prospects to a Sequence from the Opportunities tab, refer to the How To Add a Prospect to a Sequence from the Opportunities List View.
Assigning prospects to an opportunity helps you understand what actions taken in Outreach helped influence an Opportunity.
Assign a Prospect to an Opportunity: Prospect Profile
- Find the prospect that needs to be associated to an Opportunity and click into their profile.
- Scroll down the prospect overview on the right side of the page until you see the section labeled Opportunities.
- Hover over the section and click on the Add link that appears. A pop-up window will appear.
- The prospect’s name will automatically appear in the Prospects box, but you can add additional prospects here as needed.
- Enter a contact role as needed.
- Associate the prospect to the corresponding Opportunity. Click on the dropdown to see a list of Opportunities that have synced into Outreach, or start typing the name of the opportunity.
- Click Assign to save your changes.
Note: Prospects can be associated to more than one Opportunity by repeating steps 2-7.
Assign a Prospect to an Opportunity: Opportunity List View
- Find the Opportunity that should have prospects assigned and click into the Opportunity.
- Find the Edit button on the top right hand side of the page and click on the arrow that appears next to it. Select Add Prospects from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the name of the prospect that should be added to the Opportunity, add the Contact Role (if needed) and click Assign.
Note: If multiple prospects need to be assigned to the Opportunity, repeat steps 1-3.
Assigning a Prospect to an Opportunity via Opportunity Tab
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the Opportunities icon in the navigation sidebar.
Click the applicable opportunity.
Note: Search and filter, or apply a Smart View to locate a specific opportunity. For more information regarding opportunity Smart Views, refer to the How to Create a Custom View for Opportunities article.
- Click the Edit button and select Add Prospects from the dropdown menu.
- Input the applicable Prospects in the Prospects: dropdown menu.
- Input the applicable role in the Role: dropdown menu.
- Click to identify if the Prospect is a primary point of contact for this opportunity as applicable.
- Click Assign.
The Prospect is added to the opportunity as configured.
Using Advanced Record Lookup to assign a Prospect to an Opportunity
When assigning a prospect to an opportunity or an opportunity with a prospect, you can now use Advanced Record Lookup.
Using this option will bring the Prospect or Opportunity List View table that will enable you to better search, filter and pick the right prospect or opportunity that needs to be assigned with each other.