Assigning prospects to an opportunity helps you understand what actions taken in Outreach helped influence an Opportunity.
Assign a Prospect to an Opportunity: Prospect Profile
- Find the prospect that needs to be associated to an Opportunity and click into their profile.
- Scroll down the prospect overview on the right side of the page until you see the section labeled “Opportunities”.
- Hover over the section and click on the “Add” link that appears. A pop-up window will appear.
- The prospect’s name will automatically appear in the “Prospects” box, but you can add additional prospects here as needed.
- Enter a contact role as needed.
- Associate the prospect to the corresponding Opportunity. Click on the dropdown to see a list of Opportunities that have synced into Outreach, or start typing the name of the opportunity.
- Click “Assign” to save your changes.
Note: Prospects can be associated to more than one Opportunity by repeating steps 2-7.
Assign a Prospect to an Opportunity: Opportunity List View
- Find the Opportunity that should have prospects assigned and click into the Opportunity.
- Find the “Edit” button on the top right hand side of the page and click on the arrow that appears next to it. Select “Add Prospects” from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the name of the prospect that should be added to the Opportunity, add the Contact Role (if needed) and click “Assign”.
Note: If multiple prospects need to be assigned to the Opportunity, repeat steps 1-3.