The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users regarding creating and managing LinkedIn Tasks for Sequence Steps.
LinkedIn Tasks are a key step type that many teams integrate into their daily workflows. These activities may include steps like:
- Sending a connection request
- Viewing a Profile
- Interacting with Posted Content (Liking, Commenting, or Sharing)
- Sending a Message Through InMail
Outreach simplifies these tasks by introducing LinkedIn-specific tasks as sequence steps.
- Outreach Users
- Make sure you update your Salesforce plugin so LinkedIn tasks sync to Salesforce.
Creating a LinkedIn Sequence Step
- Create a new sequence or add a new step to an existing sequence
- On the top right corner, click “Add Step”
- Click on the “Step Type” dropdown menu. You’ll see now LinkedIn options, which we’ll go into further detail later in this article:
- LinkedIn: View a Profile - Creates a task to view a prospect’s LinkedIn profile
- LinkedIn: Interact with Post- Creates a task to interact with a prospect’s post
- LinkedIn: Send Message - Creates a task to send a message through LinkedIn. You can include a template to copy/paste into the LinkedIn message.
- LinkedIn: Send Connection Request - Creates a task to send a connection request to the prospect
- LinkedIn: Other - Task to do other LinkedIn work - Similar to a generic task, let’s you specify another action in LinkedIn
- You’ll notice that the sequence step is identified as a LinkedIn step
Completing LinkedIn Tasks
The LinkedIn task types will appear on the task list on the 360 page, and will also be sorted into the Sequence bucket of the global sidebar.
The following instructions explain how to perform LinkedIn Tasks using the integration with LinkedIn Sales Navigator (requires a Sales Navigator Team or Enterprise license). See here for instructions on performing LinkedIn tasks without a Sales Navigator license.
Enabling the LinkedIn Sales Navigator Tasks
The LinkedIn Sales Navigator integration is defaulted to “on” for all Outreach accounts. You can toggle the Sales Navigator integration on and off by following these steps. (Use of the LinkedIn Sales Navigator integration requires a Sales Navigator Team or Enterprise license.)
- Click into the task flow view by selecting a task from the 360 view or task overview page.
- Click on the three dots found on the top right hand side of the task execution view
- Enable the toggle as needed. When the toggle is enabled, you’ll see a Sales Navigator tile with additional information.
LinkedIn: View a Profile
When you click into the LinkedIn Sales Navigator task, you’ll see a LinkedIn compose window where you can write a personal note to add to your invitation. If the sequence task includes a template, you can click on the button next to the template text to copy the message that needs to be sent to the prospect. Variables included in the template will automatically fill out with the prospect’s information. Paste the text into the compose window and click on the “send invite” button. Your message and invitation will be sent to the prospect’s InMail, as long as you have not met your InMail monthly cap.
LinkedIn: Interact with a Post
When you click into the LinkedIn task, you’ll see a button on the task flow that says “Interact.” Clicking on the button will bring you directly to the prospect’s recent posts, which are summarized in the Sales Navigator window. Once redirected, you can like or comment on their posts.
LinkedIn: Send a Message
If the sequence task included a template, you can click on the button next to the template text to copy the message that needs to be sent to the prospect. Variables that were included in the template will automatically fill out with the prospect’s information, so you can easily copy and paste the message for delivery. Otherwise, compose your message to your prospect. Click on the “send” button, and a message will be sent directly to their InMail, as long as you have not hit your monthly InMail cap.
LinkedIn: Send a Connection Request
When you click into the LinkedIn task, you’ll see a button on the task flow that says “Connect in”. Clicking on the button will bring you directly to the prospect’s LinkedIn profile, where you can connect or view them in Sales Navigator. If a template was assigned to the template tasks, variables will automatically populate. You can easily copy and paste the template to include in the connection message.