The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach users in creating sequences in the Outreach.
Sequences are a series of touch points built to drive deeper engagement with a Prospect. Sequences are a guide to ensure the right sales activities are conducted and communications sent to build the sales pipeline and close deals.
Note: This article provides direction in creating a new sequence. For more information regarding creating a sequence from a blueprint or cloning a sequence, refer to the applicable articles.
How To Create a Sequence in Outreach
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the Sequence icon (paper plane) in the navigation sidebar.
- On the Sequences landing page, click the +Sequence button.
- Click New in the Create a sequence popup. Note: For more information on creating a sequence from a blueprint or cloning a sequence, refer to the applicable articles.
- Input the name of the sequence in the Sequence Name field.
- Select the applicable options from the Sequence Type and Sharing dropdown menus. Note: For more information regarding sequence type and sharing, refer to the Sequence Types article.
- Click Create.
- On the Sequence Settings landing page, click Add Step. Note: Sequences can be constructed of several individual steps to match a sales process. Outreach recommends a minimum of five steps to create a successful sequence.
- Select the applicable type of sequence from the Step Type dropdown menu and configure the sequence as outlined in the table below.
Step Type Description Auto Email Emails automatically send out to Prospects based on the defined time interval. Manual Email Used for sending customized emails.
A manual task will appear in the Tasks tab notifying the user to send an email to the applicable Prospect.
The Task is marked completed when the email is sent and the Prospect will move to the next step in the sequence as applicable.
Phone Call A Call Task will appear in the Tasks tab notifying the user to contact the applicable Prospect.
When the call is logged, Outreach will mark the Task as completed and the Prospect will move to the next step in the sequence as applicable.
Generic Task Used to create helpful reminders to complete an action outside of Outreach such as connecting with a Prospect on LinkedIn.
The Task must be manually marked as complete before the Prospect can move on to the next step in the sequence if applicable.
Task for LinkedIn-specific activities such as sending a connection request to a Prospect, reviewing a Prospect’s profile, or sending the Prospect a message via InMail.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 8 - 10 as applicable to add more steps.
- Click to enable the sequence in the upper left-hand corner. The sequence is ready to use.