There are two sides to the Outreach & Vidyard GoVideo integration:
- Record Vidyard videos in your email
- Feed Vidyard events directly into your Outreach activity feed to trigger your next best action
Below, we’ll explain how to enable the integration, how it works, and best practices for using the integration.
Note: You need an admin on Outreach to enable the integration, and adding the Vidyard integration is an org-wide action rather than a personal one for just one rep’s account.
Enabling the Integration
- Click on the initials on the bottom left-hand corner of the Outreach platform. On the setting panel that appears, find the section labeled “User Admin” and select “Org”.
- Scroll down the page until you find the section labeled “Vidyard Integration”. Click “Learn More”
- You’ll be redirected to the Vidyard integration installation page.
- Click install, then authorize on the pop-up.
- You’ve successfully connected your Vidyard account to Outreach! If you are using the free Vidyard plan, please skip to step 8. If you are on the paid Vidyard GoVideo for Teams plan, click the “External App Settings” icon to configure the integration.
There are three parts to the next step explained in detail on Vidyard’s configuration page:
Add your Vidyard API Token - Connect your paid Vidyard account and Outreach
Enable Vidyard-branded events in your Outreach Activity Feed - Ensure you’ve filtered in “External” activities in your Activity Feed.
Setup Outreach Triggers to React to Vidyard Events - After a prospect engages with your Vidyard videos, they will by default remain in the sequence that drove them there. To ensure that prospect’s next step is contextual, you can trigger custom actions within Outreach so they don’t continue in their current sequence unless desired. We recommend setting up a new trigger immediately to designate what should happen next after a Vidyard event occurs.
- Save your changes.
- Now that you’ve enabled the Vidyard integration, Vidyard will begin working automatically. A green check mark verifies that the integration has been successfully installed.
Note: If the integration has already been enabled, you can always come back to this page to manage the Vidyard app’s settings. Instead of seeing the “Learn More” button, you’ll instead see a button that’s labeled “Manage App”.
Using the Vidyard & Outreach Integration
- Open a new email compose window in Outreach, view a prospect’s profile, create new content (sequences, templates, and snippets), or open the task flow. You will now see the Vidyard icon added to the other icons on the bottom of the compose window.
- Click on the vidyard logo on the bottom of the compose window. A pop-up window will appear in Outreach. If it’s your first time using Vidyard, click “Sign Up” and authorize the application to work inside Outreach. Otherwise, click “Sign In”, enter your Vidyard login credentials, and authorize the integration.
- When you're ready to record, click on the Vidyard icon to record your face, your screen, or access videos from your personal & shared Vidyard libraries. Once you’ve selected your video(s), click Insert to add a thumbnail & link of your video to your email.
What happens if the Vidyard icon isn’t appearing in my Outreach email?
First, has your admin installed the integration in your Org Settings? If the integration is on and the icon still isn’t appearing, contact Outreach Support.
How does Vidyard GoVideo pricing work?
See Vidyard’s pricing here.
I’m on the free Vidyard plan. Can I still record videos in Outreach?
Yes! Anybody can record and share Vidyard videos in Outreach today for free.
What do I get if I’m on a paid Vidyard plan?
Contact Vidyard to understand exactly what’s included in your package. In Outreach, you can record and share Vidyard videos for free. Plus, for users on the Vidyard GoVideo for Teams plan, you’ll see Vidyard activity in Outreach which you can use to trigger your next step.
Why can’t I see Vidyard views and watches in my Outreach activity feed?
First, have you cleared the filters on your activity feed? If “External” events are checked/filtered in and you still aren’t seeing your Vidyard activity, contact Outreach Support.
What triggers should I set up?
Every situation is different, but we recommend starting with more manual triggers until you know your process. For example, trigger an action item to decide how to follow up after your video is viewed. Or trigger a follow-up sequence with the first step being a manual email, allowing you to decide on personalized messaging.