The purpose of this article is to provide information to Outreach Users regarding how Outreach schedules email deliveries.
- Outreach Users
How Outreach Schedules Email Deliveries:
Outreach checks all account throttles when scheduling email deliveries to determine which emails can be delivered immediately.
Throttles are rules that control when and how many emails can be delivered. A few examples include:
- The Sequence Schedule determines when an email can be delivered to a prospect. This gives you the ability to control when to communicate to prospects without needing to worry about delivering an email at off hours, especially if you’re reaching out to prospects across multiple time zones.
- The Daily Max Domain throttle controls how many emails can be sent to a specific domain (for example, @Outreach.io) within a 24 hour period. This type of throttle helps encourage engagement with your emails (opens, clicks, and replies).
- The Daily Sending Limit throttle controls how many emails can be sent from Outreach every 24 hours. If it is a Friday afternoon and you met your daily sending limit, Outreach ensures the mailing waits and sends on Monday, instead of Saturday afternoon (based on your sequence schedule).
Find Delayed Emails:
If you notice that your emails are not delivering at the time you anticipated:
- Click on the outbox icon on the left hand navigation panel in Outreach
- On the top of the outbox page, click on the “Scheduled” emails
- Delayed emails will have a yellow box with a warning symbol. Hover over the yellow box to view why the emails is delayed.
Emails may be delayed for the following reasons:
|Throttle Type||Category||Delay Message|
|Mailbox Setting||Max per day||You've reached your X email limit.|
|Mailbox Setting||Max per week||You've reached your X email limit.|
|Mailbox Setting||Max per period||You've reached your email limit of X per Y.|
|Org Setting||Max per day||You've reached your organization's X email limit.|
|Org Setting||Max per week||You've reached your organization's X email limit.|
|Org Setting||Max per period||You've reached your organization's X email limit to a prospect.|
|Org Setting||Daily max prospect emails||You've reached your organization's X email limit to a prospect.|
|Org Setting||Weekly max prospect emails.||You've reached your organization's X email limit to a prospect.|
|Org Setting||Daily max domain emails||You've reached your organization's X email limit per domain.|
|Schedule||Schedule Window||Your email has been delayed due to the sequence's schedule.|