The Purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in adding a Prospect to a Sequence via Prospect List View.
For more information on adding a Prospect to a Sequence Step or to a Sequence in general, refer to the applicable articles.
- Outreach Users
- This article illustrates the process for adding Prospects to a Sequence from the Prospects List View. For more information on the various other methods to adding Prospects to Sequences, refer to the applicable articles listed in the Additional Resources section of this article.
- Some Outreach views and options require admin-level governance permissions. If the options outlined in this article are unavailable, contact the Org's Outreach Administrator as applicable. For more information regarding governance profile settings, refer to the Governance Profile Settings Overview article.
- The state in which a Prospect defaults to depends on how Sequence Throttling is configured. For more information on Sequence Throttling, refer to the How To Configure Sequence Throttles article.
- This process is applicable for adding Bounced Prospects back into a Sequence.
How To Add Prospects to a Sequence:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the Prospects icon (double silhouette) in the navigation sidebar.
- Sort and filter, and select the applicable Prospects.
- Click the Sequence button on the menu bar.
- Click to select the applicable Sequence. Note: To view the steps in a Sequence, click the dropdown arrow to the right of a Sequence.
- On the Sequence Prospects window, select the applicable Sequence Type as defined in the table below:
Sequence Type Description Individual Prospects move through the sequence without copying additional Prospects in email threads. Grouped All Prospects will be included on the same email thread (To: and CC:); the primary Prospect will be listed in the To: field and additional Prospects are added to the CC: field.
- Click the clock icon on the Add to Sequence button to customize when Step 1 in a sequence will begin.
- Click Add to Sequence.
- Click Done.
Outreach adds the selected Prospects to the applicable sequence. Note: Outreach produces an error informing users a Prospect cannot be added to a sequence, click View All and make the applicable adjustments to remedy the error.
Add Bounced Prospects Back into a Sequence:
Once you see that your prospect's email has bounced in your sequence, you have the ability to update their contact information and retry email delivery. However, depending on your sequence's ruleset's safety settings, you might not be able to add the prospect back into the sequence because "this prospect has already been targeted."
To fix this, you should go to your sequence, and find the prospects that have bounced. Click into the prospect profile, update their email, and retry the prospect. The prospect will receive the email associated with the step that bounced.