The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach admins in creating a trigger to sync sub-statuses to a CRM.
While many users may work with Lead and Contact Statuses, some organizations also have a status reason for sub-status that further categorizes a Lead or Contact status.
Example: An organization may only have three Lead statuses, but one of those statuses has two sub-statuses such as:
- Qualified - Contacted
- Qualified - Customer
In order to sync these sub-status reasons correctly with a CRM, Outreach Admins need to create and map custom fields that represent the sub-statuses, add applicable stages, and configure triggers to sync the actions accordingly.
- Outreach Admins
- Outreach does not map to sub-statuses. Organizations needing to map to a sub-status must map a custom field.
- The following process uses Custom Fields as examples to illustrate the direction possible for configuring triggers to sync for sub-statuses with a CRM. Admins should use the fields that are most relevant to completing this task for the org's workflow.
- Content contained in brackets [ ] requires Admins to select the value or field that best represents the status/sub-status fields to sync.
Before Completing This Process, Admins have:
- Added and Mapped a Custom Field to a Status Reason
- Added Stages that correspond to the Status and Sub-Status reasons.
How To Create Triggers for Syncing Sub-Statuses to a CRM
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Access the Triggers landing page.
- Select Prospect Updated from the Event dropdown menu.
- Select Prospect from the Target dropdown menu.
- Click Add Condition for Prospect Conditions and configure as follows:
Configuration Example [Status/Sub-Status field] Is Not [Status/Sub-Status] SubStatus (Custom 12) Is Not Contacted Stage Is [Status/Sub-Status] Stage Is Qualified - Contacted
Note: Select the applicable Custom Fields that works best for the org's workflow.
- Click Add Action and add the following Trigger Actions as outlined in the table below:
Action Field Name Field Value Set Field Stage [Select the applicable sub-status value] Set Field [Select the applicable sub-status value] [Input the applicable field value]
- Click Save.
- Return to the Triggers landing page, and click to enable the new trigger.
The new trigger will process as configured.