The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach admins in creating a trigger to sync sub-statuses to a CRM.
While many users may work with Lead and Contact Statuses, some organizations also have a status reason for sub-status that further categorizes a Lead or Contact status.
Example: An organization may only have three Lead statuses, but one of those statuses has two sub-statuses such as:
- Qualified - Contacted
- Qualified - Customer
In order to sync these sub-status reasons correctly with a CRM, Outreach Admins need to create and map custom fields that represent the sub-statuses, add applicable stages, and configure triggers to sync the actions accordingly.
- Outreach Admins
- Outreach does not map to sub-statuses by default. Organizations needing to map to a sub-status must map a Prospect Custom Field within the platform to the corresponding field in CRM. For more information on custom fields and field mapping, refer to the applicable articles in the Additional Resources section.
- The following process uses Custom Fields as examples to illustrate the direction possible for configuring triggers to sync for sub-statuses with a CRM. Admins should use the fields that are most relevant to completing this task for the org's workflow.
- Content contained in brackets [ ] requires Admins to select the value or field that best represents the status/sub-status fields to sync.
Before Completing This Process, Admins have:
- Added and Mapped a Custom Field to a Status Reason
- Added Stages that correspond to the Status and Sub-Status reasons.
How To Create Triggers for Syncing Sub-Statuses to a CRM:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Access the Triggers landing page.
- Select Prospect Updated from the Event dropdown menu.
- Select Prospect from the Target dropdown menu.
- Click Add Condition for Prospect Conditions and configure as follows:
Configuration Example [Status/Sub-Status field] Is Not [Status/Sub-Status] SubStatus (Custom 12) Is Not Contacted Stage Is [Status/Sub-Status] Stage Is Qualified - Contacted
Note: Select the applicable Custom Fields that works best for the org's workflow.
- Click Add Action and add the following Trigger Actions as outlined in the table below:
Action Field Name Field Value Set Field Stage [Select the applicable sub-status value] Set Field [Select the applicable sub-status value] [Input the applicable field value]
- Click Save.
- Return to the Triggers landing page, and click to enable the new trigger.
The new trigger will process as configured.