The purpose of this article is to provide information to Outreach Users regarding best practices and considerations for syncing mailboxes with Outreach.
- Outreach Users
- A primary email address is required to connect to Outreach. For more information regarding connecting mailboxes to Outreach, refer to the How To Connect a Primary Email to Outreach article.
Mailbox Sync Best Practices:
- When sync is enabled, Outreach will sync with your mailbox and pull in emails associated with Prospects currently in the Outreach Platform for up to one year for Gmail, or 10K; whichever comes first. For Microsoft and EWS, this is up to one year.
- Depending on your Org's Plugin Settings, this could cause Prospects to be created in Salesforce, and as a result, related email activities will associate to the record in SFDC.
- Outreach recommends avoid using work email for personal correspondence.
- If you have the Outreach Everywhere Extension installed, Outreach's default behavior will create a new Prospect record for anyone emailed. This means if you use your work email for personal activities such as emailing a family member or friend, those recipients will be created in Outreach and email activities will be logged and synced to your CRM depending on the CRM Plugin Settings.
- If a colleague emails a Prospect and a User with a connected mailbox is CC'd, that email will sync into Outreach. For example, a CEO emailing contract details and CC'ing the Prospect's Account Executive.
- Outreach does not support mail forwarding to other mailboxes. This means if your connected mailbox forwards emails or replies to a different mailbox on delivery or receipt, these emails and replies will not sync into the Outreach Platform consistently.