The purpose of this article is to provide installation information to Outreach Users about the new Outlook Add-in. The Outlook Add-in provides a seamless Outreach experience to Outreach Users who use Outlook inbox.
- Outreach Admins
- Outreach Users
- The Outlook add-in is not available through Microsoft store, as it includes the native send feature, which is not allowed in the AppSource Microsoft store.
- For users who are using Outlook add-in on a daily basis, we recommend installing the new add-in.
- For users who are not frequent users of the Outlook add-in, we recommend installing the legacy add-in.
- Admins should roll out the Outlook add-in gradually to the organization; it is recommended they test with a few users first.
- It is not recommended to roll out the Outlook add-in to users without an Outreach seat, or users who are not expected to use the Outlook add-in.
- Read more about the differences between the legacy and new add-in.
Supported Versions & Minimum Requirements
Minimum requirements to run the new Outlook add-in are listed below.
The following combinations of OS and Outlook client and their minimum versions are fully supported by the new Outlook add-in.
|Platform||Product||Minimal version||Minimal OS version|
|Windows||Microsoft 365*||2005 (build 12827.20160)||Windows 10 ver. >= 1903|
|Windows||Outlook 2021||2108 (build 14326.20454)||Windows 10|
|Mac||Microsoft 365*||16.49||Within the 2 most recent macOS releases|
|Mac||Outlook 2021||16.49||Within the 2 most recent macOS releases|
|Web browser||Modern Outlook Web UI connected to 365 subscriptions, outlook.com||-||All update to browsers are supported.|
* Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based product formerly known as Office 365.
The following clients are NOT supported:
- Outlook 2019
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 2013
- On Premise Exchange servers
To determine what version of Outlook you are using, see Microsoft's guide on how to check your Outlook version.
Who can install the Outlook Add-in?
- Admins on behalf of users through the Microsoft Admin Center. Refer to the Admin Installation Instructions section.
- Users. Users need to have rights to install the add-in to their Outlook. Refer to the User Installation Instructions section.
Currently using the Legacy Outlook Add-in? You must first uninstall the existing one before installing the new Add-in.
Admin Installation Instructions
Install via the Microsoft Admin Center (RECOMMENDED)
Installing the add-in via the Microsoft Admin Center allows Outlook admins to push the add-in out to groups of users without any user setup needed. This is the preferred setup method because it is much easier for end-users.
- Visit Microsoft's Deploy add-ins in the admin center page.
- In step 4 of the article, you will choose Upload custom apps.
- Choose the option to Provide link to manifest file.
- Add the following installation URL: https://addin.outreach.io
- Deploy to your users.
User Installation Instructions
Install Add-in for Outlook Online
- Navigate to https://outlook.office.com.
- Compose a new message.
- Within the compose toolbar, click the three dots then choose Get Add-ins. (You may also be able to use the Get Add-ins option in the top ribbon in your Outlook client)
- Navigate to My Add-ins on the left side.
- Scroll down and click +Add a custom add-in > Add from URL....
- In the provided field, paste the installation URL: https://addin.outreach.io
Once successfully installed, you should see Outreach in your email compose experience.
Install Add-in for Outlook for Desktop
For Mac on New Outlook
- At the top of the screen, click the three dots > Get Add-Ins.
- Follow steps 4-6 from the user instructions for Outlook Online above.
Additional instructions can be found on the Microsoft website
Uninstall the Outlook Add-in
To uninstall the new Outlook Add-in, refer to the uninstallation process.