The purpose of this article is to provide installation information to Outreach Users about the new Outlook Add-in. The Outlook Add-in provides a seamless Outreach experience to Outreach Users who use Outlook inbox.
- Outreach Admins
- Outreach Users
Before You Begin
Best Practices & Recommendations
- Currently using the Legacy Outlook Add-in? You must first uninstall the existing one before installing the new Add-in.
- Due to current issues with Microsoft delivering varying end user experiences within Outlook and the potential for confusion and complexity, it is strongly recommended that admins install this app on behalf of users per the below instructions (rather than users installing on their own).
- Admins should roll out the Outlook add-in gradually to the organization; it is recommended to test with a few users first.
- It is not recommended to roll out the Outlook add-in to users without an Outreach seat, or users who are not expected to use the Outlook add-in.
- This new Outlook add-in is best for those who use the app on a daily basis. If not frequently using the Outlook add-in, we recommend installing the legacy version.
Supported Versions & Minimum Requirements
Minimum requirements to run the new Outlook add-in are listed below.
The following combinations of OS and Outlook client and their minimum versions are fully supported by the new Outlook add-in.
|Platform||Product||Minimum Product version||Minimum OS version|
|Windows||Microsoft 365*||2005 (build 12827.20160)||Windows 10 ver. >= 1903|
|Windows||Outlook 2021||2108 (build 14326.20454)||Windows 10|
|Mac||Microsoft 365*||16.49||Within the 2 most recent macOS releases|
|Mac||Outlook 2021||16.49||Within the 2 most recent macOS releases|
|Web browser||Modern Outlook Web UI connected to 365 subscriptions, outlook.com||-||All update to browsers are supported.|
* Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based product formerly known as Office 365.
The following clients are NOT supported:
- Outlook 2019
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 2013
- On Premise Exchange servers
To determine what version of Outlook you are using, see Microsoft's guide on how to check your Outlook version.
Who can install the Outlook Add-in?
- Admins on behalf of users through the Microsoft Admin Center. Refer to the Admin Installation Instructions section. This is the recommended procedure.
- Users. Users need to have rights to install the add-in to their Outlook. Refer to the User Installation Instructions section.
- The Outlook add-in is not available through the Microsoft store, as it includes the native send feature, which is not allowed in the AppSource Microsoft store.
- Read more about the differences between the legacy and new add-in.
Admin Installation via the Microsoft Admin Center (RECOMMENDED!)
Installing the add-in via the Microsoft Admin Center allows Outlook admins to push the add-in out to groups of users without any user setup needed. This is the preferred setup method because it is much easier for end-users.
- Visit Microsoft's Deploy add-ins in the admin center page.
- In step 4 of the article, choose Upload custom apps.
- Choose the option to Provide link to manifest file.
- Input the following installation URL: https://addin.outreach.io
- Deploy to your users.
First, download the Outreach add-in installation file
Download the installation (manifest) file from the following address -- either right-click the link and Save link as, or open the page in a new browser tab and Save page as:
Now open your Outlook client (desktop app, or online at https://outlook.office.com), and continue below.
Next, complete installation based on your Outlook interface options
The Microsoft Outlook interface will vary among users, most critically in whether or not the Get Add-ins or All Apps options are available. Because of this variance and Microsoft's current institution of a workaround, please follow Microsoft's precise guidance to complete your sideload installation.
Click here to begin. (The Microsoft help page will open in a new browser tab.)
When installing, be sure to:
- Locate and use the add-in manifest file you downloaded above.
- Accept all prompts during the installation.
Once successfully installed, you should see Outreach in your email compose experience.
Microsoft General Add-in Management Guidance
General instructions for installing and using Outlook add-ins as a user can be found on the Microsoft website:
Uninstall the Outlook Add-in
To uninstall the new Outlook Add-in, refer to the uninstallation process.