The purpose of this article is to provide an overview of Deal Health and understand the status of in-progress deals.
- Outreach Admins
- Outreach Users
Note: Users should have Orchestrate Subscription in order to see the Deal Health information. Check here on how to assign a licenses to an Outreach User.
What is Deal Health?
Deal Health is an easy way to understand the status of deals in progress. Using information from other deals of similar size and stage, Deal Health provides an account score and indicates what’s working well, where to focus, and suggested actions.
A Deal Health score is calculated using signals from emails, meetings and calls, CRM activity, and prospects involved. Whether you are coaching a team or managing deals, Deal Health can provide you with critical information on the health of a deal closing and any risks or obstacles that stand in the way.
What makes Deal Health exciting?
- Deal Health is based on a machine learning model that accounts for (1) engagement across email, phone calls, and meetings (2) CRM Activity (3) Prospect information. Deal Health helps AEs and AE Managers quickly understand which deals are at-risk or off-track, what factors are impacting a deal negatively, and what actions can be taken to de-risk the deal.
- The Outreach Deal Health model compares each Opportunity to similar deals at similar stages.
- The Outreach ML based model’s precision outperforms traditional rules-based AI models (81% Outreach model vs. 34% rules-based AI) - based on our internal research.
Deal Health Deep Dive
Deal Health is a machine learning-based model that predicts the probability of closing a deal. This information is used to identify the relative health of the deal compared to similar deals at similar stages. The deal health feature set is calculated once daily and will be produced at 10 am every day - all activities until the previous day are considered in computing deal health. It is important to note that when recommended actions are executed by Account executives, those actions will only be reflected in the score update the following day.
There is a timestamp at the bottom of the page which will display when the score is updated.
Deal Health Feature Set
Deal health score
This is the relative health of the deal (probability of winning) compared to similar deals at similar stages. The deal health score ranges from 0-100.
Based on the deal health score, deals are also classified into three categories. Users can quickly identify deals that might need attention based on their status. The 3 categories are:
- On-track: deals that are relatively healthy.
- Needs review: deals with a moderate amount of risk.
- At-risk: deals that are relatively unhealthy compared to similar deals at similar stages.
Health score changes are also tracked. The trend indicator in the upper right of the Deal Health card shows which direction the score has moved and by how much the health score has changed in the last 7 days.
Overview of factors
Every deal is evaluated by many factors which are classified as negative or positive depending on how the factor is performing for this specific deal. An overview of the factors is provided to help the AE and AE manager identify what’s going well and where to focus.
Based on Deal Heath factors that were identified as impacting the deal negatively, Outreach will suggest actions to take within the Outreach ecosystem to de-risk the deal.
Ability to sort and filter
Users can sort by Health in Opportunities homepage [listview]. Users can also filter by Health. The 3 health statuses will be shown as options.
Who is Deal Health for?
AEs and AE managers - Sales professionals who primarily consider themselves to be closers and work closely with Opportunities.
What are the prerequisites to using Deal Health?
Orgs need to sync their opportunity data into Outreach and keep it up to date. This requires admins to ensure the Opportunity plugin has all three factors enabled:
- Inbound create
- Inbound update
AEs for respective opportunities need to be Outreach users and sync their email and calendar with Outreach. This enables Outreach to identify signals to predict the true health of the deal.
Where can I access Deal Health?
Outreach Users need to visit the Outreach Opportunities page, which displays a list view of Opportunities. A new column called Health is displayed right next to the Opportunity Name column.
What are the inputs into the Deal Health model
These are inputs into the model that will help define the nature of the opportunity.
- Opportunity stage
- Number of days since creation
- Number of days in current stage
Amount (coming soon)
These are actions that a user can take to change the health of the deal at any given time. Today we have 10+ factors across categories (email, meetings, phone, CRM activity, and Prospects involved).
- Number of buyers engaged in the last 30 days
- Number of directors & above engaged in the last 30 days
- Number of departments engaged in the last 30 days
- Number of days in current stage
- Number of days left until the close date ? (or) is it overdue
- Number of times close date was pushed out
Email and Phone engagement
- Number of outbound emails sent in last 30 days
- Number of inbound emails received in last 30 days
- Recency of outbound emails = (no. of emails sent in last 14 days / no. of emails sent in last 30 days)
- Number of days since last engagement (email or phone)
- Number of outbound calls made in last 30 days
- Number of meetings created in last 30 days
- Is there a meeting scheduled in the future
Number of days since the last meeting
Note: We will continue to add more descriptive and actionable inputs.