This article is intended to provide information to existing Outreach Admins on aspects of governance that need to be considered prior to migrating to the Multi-User Assignment.
- Outreach Admins
Review the Multi-User Assignment Overview for details about the feature.
The fundamental concept in governance is that it’s a co-ownership or equal-privilege model of ownership of the underlying record - Prospect, Account or Opportunity - through the newly assigned relationship.
That means any existing record permission that applied to a single owner previously will now apply to all the assignees whether or not they are marked as the ‘owner’ of the record. For example:
- Users who previously only had access to records ‘Owned by them’ will now have access to any record ‘Assigned to them’, including records where they are marked as the ‘owner’ as well as those they are simply ‘assigned’ to.
- Similarly, users who were able to access records ‘Owned’ by their ‘Direct reports’ and/or ‘Peers’ will now be able to access resources that are ‘Owner’ as well as ‘Assigned’ to their ‘Direct reports’ and/or ‘Peers’.
Note: This only applies to Prospect, Account, or Opportunity records. Multi-User Assignment is not enabled in other areas of the platform (e.g. Triggers, Sequences, Tasks). You can read further on the sections below.
Self Service opt-in
Existing customers can opt-in to Multi-User Assignment when they are comfortable and ready with the feature, its governance implications, and limitations. Once ready, a customer admin can follow the instructions given below to enable Multi-User Assignment for their users.
If you are not seeing the opt-in experience, please submit a technical support request.
- Log in to Outreach as an Admin.
- Click Settings > Org > General.
- Navigate to Multi Assignment.
- Click Edit.
Review the statement and click Enable Multi-User Assignment.
Multi-User Assignment is now enabled. Use the following guides for feature setup and setting up your CRM.