The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in configuring a branded URL.
Branded URLs allow users to personalize public calendar links, unsubscribe links, open- and click-tracking links, and can improve an organizations spam score by putting these services under a domain that matches the organization's brand.
- Outreach Admins
- Completing this process requires access to the organization's DNS provider.
- Do not use Outreach as part of the domain name.
- The process for adding a CNAME record varies depending on DNS provider and can take up to 20 minutes to generate. For more information regarding adding a CNAME record to a DNS provider, refer to the Additional Resources section in this article.
- Newly added domains default to a Pending status.
- It can take up to 24 hours for a DNS change to propagate.
- When the status changes to Active, the Branded URL is active.
- If the Branded URL is Queued, it suggests that it is waiting for a certificate creation.
- If the Branded URL is in a Queued status for more than 24 hours, please contact support.
Before Completing This Process, Users have:
- Purchased a domain name.
- Determined the domain name to use for the applicable Branded URLs (i.e. click-tracking links, unsubscribe links, public calendar links, etc.).
How To Set up Branded URLs
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the user's initials in the bottom left-hand corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Branded URLs under the System Config section of the Settings panel.
- Click Add.
- Copy the CNAME value (blue field) and complete the required steps for the applicable DNS service provider.
Note: Records may take up to 20 minutes to generate.
Subdomain Record Type Value TTL Subdomain chosen in step 1 [eg. sales.mycompany.com] CNAME [value obtained from Outreach] Default/Automatic
- Add the domain name to the Domain: field and click Save.
Note: Input domain name and not the complete URL.
Example: Domain: sales.mycompany.com; not http://sales.mycompany.com.
The new domain has been added to the Branded URL list and all unsubscribe, email-open, public calendars, and click-tracking links delivered from Outreach will contain the Branded URL.
DNS providers may require the following information to complete the DNS change:
- Record Type
Instructions for adding a CNAME record for various DNS Providers: