The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in configuring a branded URL. A branded URL provides Users the ability to personalize public calendar links, unsubscribe links, as well as open- and click-tracking links.
In order to configure a branded URL, a domain name must be purchased by the Organization.
- Outreach Admins
- Completing this process requires access to the organization's DNS provider.
- Do not use Outreach as part of the domain name.
- The process for adding a CNAME record varies depending on DNS provider and can take up to 20 minutes to generate. For more information regarding adding a CNAME record to a DNS provider, refer to the Additional Resources section in this article.
- It can take up to 24 hours for a DNS change to propagate.
- If the Branded URL is Queued, it suggests that it is waiting for certificate creation.
- If the Branded URL is in a Queued status for more than 24 hours, please contact support.
- Only one Branded URL can be active at any one time.
Branded URLs allow users to personalize Success Plan links, public calendar links, unsubscribe links, open- and click-tracking links, and can improve an organization's spam score by putting these services under a domain that matches the organization's brand.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the User's initials (avatar) in the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Branded URLs under the System Config section of the Settings panel.
- Click Add.
Note: Newly added domains default to a pending status.
- Copy the CNAME value (blue field) and complete the required steps for the applicable DNS service provider.
Note: Records may take up to 20 minutes to generate.
Subdomain Record Type Value TTL Subdomain chosen in step 1 [eg. hello.mycompany.com] CNAME [value obtained from Outreach] Default/Automatic
- Input the domain name in the Domain: field and click Save.
Note: Input domain name and not the complete URL.
Example: Domain: hello.mycompany.com; not http://hello.mycompany.com.
- The new domain has been added to the Branded URL list. All Success Plans, unsubscribe, email-open, public calendars, and click-tracking links delivered from Outreach will contain the Branded URL.
DNS providers may require the following information to complete the DNS change:
- Record Type
Instructions for adding a CNAME record for various DNS Providers:
Outreach University - Branded URL Setup