The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach users in configuring a branded URL.
Branded URLs allow you to personalize your public calendar link, unsubscribe link, open and click tracking links, and can improve your spam score by putting these services under a domain that matches your brand.
Note: Completing this process requires access to the organization's DNS provider. For more information regarding your organization's DNS server, refer to the organization's IT admin, or the company the organization's domain name was purchased from.
How To Set up Branded URLs
Before Completing This Process, Users have:
- Purchased a domain name.
- Determined the domain name to use for the applicable Branded URLs (i.e. click-tracking links, unsubscribe links, public calendar links, etc.). Note: Outreach recommends NOT using "Outreach" as part of the domain name.
- Add the CNAME record mapping this domain to Outreach.
- To find the record you need to add, navigate to Settings > Branded URLs. Note: This is an Admin setting and you will not see it if you don't have admin privileges.
- If you haven't set up a branded URL yet, you'll see the default Outreach domain already in use. Click on the Add button in the top right.
- You'll see the New Branded URL dialog appear. Make note of the value in the blue box; you'll need this to complete this step.
- You'll then need to add a CNAME record to your DNS enteries for this domain. The process for doing this will vary depending on your DNS provider. You'll need the following details:
- Record Type
- You can see instructions for adding a CNAME recorder at various DNS providers here:
- GoDaddy: https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-a-cname-record-19236
- Namecheap: https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/9646/10/
- Google Domains: https://support.google.com/domains/answer/3290350?hl=en&ref_topic=3251230
- Amazon Route 53: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/Route53/latest/DeveloperGuide/resource-record-sets-editing.html
Note: Depending on the DNS provider, the record may take up to 20 minutes to generate.
Subdomain Record Type Value TTL Subdomain chosen in step 1 [eg. sales.mycompany.com] CNAME [value obtained from Outreach] Default/Automatic
- Add the domain to the "New Branded URL" dialog and click Save. Make sure to enter just the domain (sales.mycompany.com) and not the full address (http://sales.mycompany.com).
The new domain will appear in the list in "Pending" status. Please wait a few minutes and refresh the page. It can take anywhere from an additional few minutes to 24 hours for the DNS change to fully propagate, depending on your DNS provider.
When the "Pending" status changes to "Active", the Branded URL is live!
If your Branded URL is "queued", it suggests that it is waiting for a certificate creation. If the Branded URL is in this state for over 24 hours, please reach out to email@example.com.
All unsubscribe, email open, public calendars, and click tracking links delivered from Outreach will now contain your branded URLs.