The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach users in configuring the Voicemail Drop feature in Outreach Voice.
Note: The Voicemail Drop feature is configured per user and each user will have their own set of pre-recorded voicemails. If you do not see this option, contact your Admin.
Setting up Voicemail Drop
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the user's initials on the bottom left-hand corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click on Personal Settings.
- On the Settings landing page, click Voice in the menu bar.
- On the Voice Section, click VoiceMail.
- Locate and click on Record new message under When calling (voice drop).
- Input the name of the Voicemail Drop in the Name field.
Note: Each Voicemail Drop should have a descriptive name to easily identify what scenario that voicemail is best suited for.
For Example: A Voicemail Drop titled Initial Follow Up suggests this voicemail is best suited for a scenario where you reach a Prospect's voicemail on your initial follow up.
- Click to select the desired microphone from the Microphone dropdown menu.
Note: If multiple microphones exist, select the microphone that has the best quality.
- Confirm the microphone is working and click to enable the audio controls as applicable.
Note: For more information on audio controls and configurations, refer to the Set Up Microphone & Speaker Settings article.
- Click Start Recording button to record your Voicemail Drop.
- When finished, click Stop to stop the recording.
- Click the Play button to review your recording.
Note: Clicking REC while previewing a voicemail records over the voicemail being previewed.
- Click Save.
Your new voicemail appears in the Voicemail Drop section.
- Click to enable the applicable default Voicemail Drop.
Note: Identifying the default voicemail drop enables it as the first choice in dropdown menu when leaving a voicemail with a Prospect.
Note: You can preview a Voicemail Drop by clicking the Play icon to the left of the Voicemail Drop.