The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in adding field-level security to Type fields in Salesforce Lightning.
- Salesforce Admins
- Outreach Admins
- Users must have admin permissions in Salesforce Lightning to complete this process.
- This article illustrates how to update the field level security on the task object in Salesforce Lightning. This process is similar for most applicable objects in Salesforce. For more information regarding Salesforce Lightning, contact the Salesforce Admin as applicable.
- This article discusses the process for setting field level security in Salesforce Lightning, for information regarding the process with Salesforce Classic, refer to the How To Add Field-Level Security to Type Fields in Salesforce Classic article.
How To Add Field-Level Security to Type Fields in Salesforce Lightning:
- Access Salesforce Lightning.
- Click the Setup icon (gear) in the right corner.
- Click Objects and Fields in the left panel.
- Click Object Manager.
- Click the applicable Object from the list.
- Click Fields & Relationships under the Details section.
- Search and click the Type field in the Field label column.
- Click Set Field Level Security.
- Click to select or deselect as applicable.
- Click Save.