The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in setting the field-level security for Type fields in Salesforce Classic.
Salesforce Admins must enable Field Level Security for Type Fields to allow updates and changes to be reflected in both Salesforce and Outreach.
- Salesforce Admins
- Outreach Admins
- Users must have admin permissions in Salesforce Classic to complete this process.
- This article discusses the process for updating security at the field-level for objects in Salesforce Classic. For more information on updating field-level security in Salesforce Lightning, refer to the How To Add Field-Level Security to Type Fields in Salesforce Lightning article.
How To Set Field-Level Security for Type Fields in Salesforce Classic:
- Access the Salesforce instance.
- Click Setup in the top navigation menu.
- On the left panel, find the section labeled "Build". Click on the arrow next to "Customize" and select "Activities" and then "Task Fields" in the dropdown menu.
- On the page that appears to the right, click on "Type".
- Click on the button "Set Field-Level Security".
- Check the box next to Visible. Outreach only requires the "System Administrator" to be visible, but additional roles can also be selected.
Add The Field to the Lead/Contact Layout
- On the top of the Salesforce page, click on "Setup". On the left hand panel, find the section labeled "Build". Click on the arrow next to "customize and select "Activities" and then "Task Page Layouts" in the dropdown menu.
- On the page that appears to the right, click on "Edit" next to the "Task Layout".
- Drag "Type" from the Task Layout header and pull it into any area within the task information.