The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in enabling and configuring automatic reminders in Gmail.
Automatic reminders allow users to set an always-on reminder to emails sent to prospects. Reminders can bump the email to the top of the mailbox, create a task in Outreach or do both.
- Outreach Users
- Automatic Reminder is a feature of the Outreach Everywhere & Gmail experience. If you don't have access to the features outlined in this article, contact your Outreach admin as applicable.
How To Enable Automatic Reminders in Gmail:
- Compose a new email, reply to an email, or open existing an email draft.
- Click the Settings (gear) icon in the email pop-out.
- Toggle on the Automatic Reminders option for enabling the Automatic reminders for all prospect emails.
- To configure the conditions for the automatic reminder, click Edit which appears in the blue banner under the Automatic Reminders toggle.
- Every email with a prospect in the “To” field will now have the purple banner informing about the reminder setup. This banner is located at the bottom of the compose window. If you need to change the reminder configuration for the particular email only, you can do that by clicking on the hyperlinked text in the banner.
- If you want to send the particular email without the reminder, click on the Trash bin icon located in the banner that appears at the bottom of the compose window next to the reminder detail. This will only affect this particular email, if you want to disable Automatic reminders, follow the next step.
- If you want to stop creating automatic reminders, toggle off the Automatic reminders in the Settings (gear) icon in the email pop-out. Emails that are going to be sent after this change will not have Automatic reminders configured. Emails sent in the past with reminder functionality will remain the same.