The purpose of this article is to provide information to Outreach Users regarding the best practices for working with Outreach Kaia.
- Outreach Users
Outreach Kaia Best Practices:
Audio and transcription quality:
The transcription quality is dependent on conversation audio quality. While using Outreach Kaia, we advise following the below best practices to enable maximum audio quality:
- Meeting participants should make sure they speak clearly and are close to the microphone.
- Use high-quality microphones/headsets for your meeting.
- Avoid having meeting participants talk over each other.
- Wired internet connections are more reliable than WIFI for better audio quality.
Recording announcement consent in Video Meetings:
- By default, Kaia announces a recording prompt when a new participant joins a meeting. This ensures all participants are aware that they are being recorded.
- You can change the default announcement setting to only announce once when a non-host participant joins.
Outreach recommends that you let participants know that they are being recorded if you select this setting when they join the meeting. Also, please consult with your legal department and/or Outreach administrator to determine your company's call recording compliance requirements before selecting the Kaia recording announcement preference.
- We also encourage you to include a note in your calendar invite that the meeting will be recorded to let participants know in advance that the meeting is going to be recorded.
Handling back to back meetings with same Zoom IDs:
If you schedule back-to-back meetings with the same ZoomID, we strongly suggest you to use the waiting room feature from Zoom. When you are ready to jump for the second meeting, you first stop the recording for the first meeting by clicking the recording icon at the top of the live Outreach Kaia window or removing the Kaia Assistant as a participant from the Zoom window. Once you have the first Kaia Assistant removed from the meeting, you can admit the Kaia Assistant from the waiting room for the second meeting.