The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins regarding configuring Outreach Kaia.
- Outreach Admins
- Zoom or MS Team Admins
Some Outreach views and options require admin-level governance permissions. If the options outlined in this article are unavailable, contact the Org's Outreach Administrator as applicable. For more information regarding governance profile settings, refer to the Governance Profile Settings Overview article.
Zoom Setup steps summary
- Have a Zoom admin install the Zoom Admin App
- Connect Zoom Authentication in Outreach App
- Add your company website URL
- Specify your recording announcement notifications
- Allocate license to Outreach Kaia Users
Have a Zoom admin install the Zoom admin app
In order for Outreach to automatically connect a user’s Zoom account to their Outreach account, you will first need to have your Zoom Admin install the Outreach Kaia for Zoom Admins marketplace app. For more details go here.
Based on your org's Zoom settings a zoom admin may also need to pre-approve the Outreach Kaia app. If this is not done, you will not be able to complete the next step. For more information regarding pre-approving apps in Zoom, see this article.
Connect Zoom Authentication in Outreach App
An Outreach Admin now will need to head to Settings > Outreach Kaia and connect their Zoom account. This will allow Outreach to see the users within your org’s Zoom account and properly connect them.
If Zoom asks you to "Request pre-approve" please have your Zoom Admin follow the steps outlined in the above section.
Add your company website URL
By including your company URL, Outreach Kaia can search your website for commonly used words, integrations, products, and competitors and train our AI based on these words. This results in more accurate transcriptions of your calls.
Specify your recording announcement notification settings
Make sure to specify how you would like Outreach Kaia to announce to participants of meetings that the meeting is being recorded. You have 3 options:
- Announce every time a participant joins
- Announce only when the first non-host participant joins
- Don't play announcement
Allocate licenses to Outreach Kaia users
Your final step in the setup process is to allocate Outreach Kaia licenses to your users. Detailed instructions for this process can be found in our How To Assign Licenses for Outreach Kaia Article.
Microsoft Teams Setup steps summary
Connect Kaia to Teams and add website URL
- Enter the Outreach Settings panel.
- Under the System Config, click Kaia.
- Connect to Microsoft Teams.
- Click the alert banner link and make Kaia available to users in your org’s app store.
Note: You will need to be an Admin for your Office365 org to do this. If you are not an Admin, then copy the link and send it to the person who manages your Office365 deployment to make Kaia available in your org.
- Add your company’s website URL. (Outreach's website is shown below as an example.)
Approve the Outreach Kaia App for Teams
- Return to Outreach Settings > System Config > Kaia.
- Click the link found in the yellow alert message window to approve the Kaia Conversation Bot app.
Note: You may need to provide the link to your Teams Admin to complete Kaia app approval.
- In the resulting administrative page, ensure that Kaia is Allowed.
Add User licenses for Kaia
- Add users to enable them for Outreach Kaia.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the user's initials in the bottom left-corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Subscriptions under the User Admin section of the Settings panel.
- Click Assign user and add a user to enable
- Continue assigning users, as needed
Detailed instructions for this process can be found in our How To Assign Licenses for Outreach Kaia article.
Outreach University - Outreach Kaia for Admins