When making a call, users are met with an error message stating "Unable to start call. Your network connection may be improperly configured"
Outreach users making calls through the Outreach platform
- Google Chrome
- Using imported number lists is not a recommended practice due to risk of outgoing calls to Prospects being registered as spam.
- Open an incognito window in Chrome (Press Ctrl + Shift + n. Mac: Press⌘ + Shift + n.)
- Navigate to Outreach.
- Perform a test call.
If call is successful in an incognito browser, return to the normal Chrome environment to clear cache and cookies:
- Make sure your browser is up to date (You can open a new tab and enter chrome://settings/help into the address bar (this page will check for updates automatically)
- Clear your cookies and cache for All-Time (not just the last hour) (Chrome Menu > History > Clear Browsing History).
- You can open a new tab and enter chrome://settings/clearBrowserData into the address bar.
- Perform a hard refresh by hitting Ctrl + Shift + R (on a PC) or Command + Shift + R (on a Mac).
This happens when there is something in the Chrome environment interfering with the call functionality, whether it's Chrome not being up to date or a caching issue.