An Outreach org's Production Environment (sometimes colloquially referred to as a bento) may occasionally be needed for administrative configuration of things such as the approved inbound list on your SMTP server or the SKUID overlay for your CRM.
Note: In the updated Outreach user experience, the Production Environment information is not visible as a prefix in the web application URL, which is genericized across all orgs.
- Outreach Admins
- Log in to the Outreach platform.
- In the left-hand navigation, click the cog icon to enter the Settings/Administration menu.
- Navigate to Organization > Org info > General tab.
- Scroll down to the section Outreach Production Environment.
Your Environment (app ID/bento) and environment Type (Live Production or Sandbox) are shown here.
Secondary Method: The Outreach Status Page
Leverage these steps if you need this info and at least one of the following is true:
- You are not an Outreach admin.
- You are not currently able to access the Outreach app and you have logged into the app previously in this browser without clearing cache/cookies.
Note: This procedure is best performed in a non-private browser. Private (cacheless) browsing may prevent the Status Page from being able to understand and share your Production Environment.
- Ensure you have logged in once to the Outreach platform and have not cleared browser cache/cookies.
- Navigate to the Outreach Status Page at https://status.outreach.io.
- Review the message at the top of the page indicating what environment you "most recently accessed Outreach on." The app ID at the end is your Production Environment.
In addition to being another place to review your Production Environment, the Outreach Status Page is a great resource to review and subscribe to for announcements and timely updates on planned maintenances, identified issues, and more! Learn more here.