Users are encountering an issue where the LinkedIn URL field in Salesforce (SFDC) is not valid error when syncing.
This issue pertains to Salesforce (SFDC) and is specifically related to the LinkedIn URL field. It may be specific to the environment where Outreach is used, as it follows the "All or Nothing" rule for pulling Contact records from Salesforce.
- Check LinkedIn URL Format: Ensure that the LinkedIn URL provided in the LinkedIn URL field is in the correct format. It should resemble something like this: linkedin.com/prospect-username (http://linkedin.com/prospect-username).
- Verify URL: Verify that it is indeed a valid LinkedIn URL by comparing it to the URL found on the corresponding LinkedIn profile. Double-check for any typos or errors. You can also verify the URL by copy/pasting it into your browser to confirm it loads.
- Update the URL: If the LinkedIn URL does not match the correct format, make the necessary changes to bring it in line with the expected format.
- Save Changes: Once the LinkedIn URL is in the correct format and validated, save the changes to the Contact record in Salesforce.
- Test in Outreach: After updating the LinkedIn URL and allowing the change to sync to our system, check if the issue persists in Outreach. If the URL is now valid, the Contact record should be pulled successfully.
The underlying reason for the issue with the LinkedIn URL field in Salesforce is that the URL provided does not conform to the expected format. Salesforce expects LinkedIn URLs to be in the format linkedin.com/prospect-username, and if the URL is not in this format, it is considered invalid.
It's important to note that Outreach follows the "All or Nothing" rule when pulling Contact records from Salesforce. This means that if any part of the Contact record, including the LinkedIn URL, is invalid or not as expected, Outreach may not retrieve the Contact record.
To avoid this issue, users should always ensure that the LinkedIn URL in Salesforce matches the format linkedin.com/prospect-username. If there are any doubts about the URL's validity, it should be verified on the LinkedIn profile itself. Updating the URL to the correct format and verifying its accuracy is key to resolving this problem and ensuring smooth integration with Outreach.