The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach users in editing an existing sequence in Outreach.
- Outreach Users
- Users require permission to edit sequences. If you are unable to edit a sequence, contact your Outreach Admin for assistance.
- If a user updates a sequence step a scheduled task, the due date will be reset.
- This article discusses the process for updating sequence steps. For information regarding editing a sequence, refer to the How To Create a Sequence article.
How To Edit a Sequence:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Access Sequences.
- Sort and Filter and click the applicable sequence.
Click the More Options icon and select Edit from the dropdown menu.Note: Additionally, users can move a sequence step in order, clone the step, or remove it from the sequence as applicable.
- Click on the applicable sequence step to edit based on the table below:
Option Description Step Type Change the step's action (i.e. Auto Email, Manual Email, Phone Call, or Generic Task). Time Interval
Change the interval the step is supposed to occur.
For Auto Emails, Outreach will wait this amount of time from when the Prospect enters the step before sending the email out.
For Phone Call or Generic Tasks, the task will be created when the Prospect enters the step, then the task will be due in that time interval.
Schedule Schedule when the task is suppose to fire on this sequence step. Skip task when overdue by...
Allows the user to skip the task for a Prospect when it is overdue after a user-defined timeframe, allowing the Prospect to continue through the sequence as applicable.
Note: If you do not see this option but would like to add it, contact your AE or CSM as applicable.
Task Notes Optional field for users to add information regarding the task and step.
- Click Save.