The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in configuring an alias email for Outreach.
- Outreach Users
- Users must submit a Request to Outreach Support to add multiple mailboxes to Outreach.
- Users may only add mailboxes to their User Seat. Users cannot add mailboxes to a colleague's seat.
- Users cannot add shared or group email addresses such as info@ or help @.
- Each User has a limit of two mailboxes, total.
- Users must comply with the Outreach Email User License Agreement.
- This article illustrates the process of adding an alias email address via Gmail; the process is similar when selecting another provider such as O365. Select the applicable provider and follow the prompts. For more information, contact your Outreach Administrator as applicable.
How To Configure an Alias Email Address:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the User's initials (avatar) in the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click You in the User Admin section of the Settings panel.
- Click Mailboxes in the menu bar and click Edit for the applicable email address. Note: Each User has a limit of two mailboxes that can be configured.
- Select the applicable email provider from the Email Provider dropdown menu. Note: Alias email addresses must be configured using the Password Legacy mailbox options for the applicable mail service provider. Gmail and O365 now require app-specific passwords and other providers may require users to configure 2FA. For more information, refer to the applicable articles in the Additional Resources section of this article. Note: Selecting the Gmail Legacy option as a provider requires configuration of an application-specific password with 2-Step Verification. For more information, refer to the Set Up an Alias With Gmail's 2-Step Verification article.
- Input the primary email address in the Username field.
- Click Change Password and input the password used to sign into the primary email address.
- Click to enable the Sending and Syncing toggles as applicable.
- Click Save.