The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in configuring an alias email for Outreach.
- Outreach Users
- Users must submit a Request to Outreach Support containing the secondary mailbox they need to be added to their user seat.
- Users may only add mailboxes to their User Seat. Users cannot add mailboxes to a colleague's seat.
- Users cannot add shared or group email addresses such as info@ or help @.
- Each User has a limit of two mailboxes, in total.
- Users must comply with the Outreach Terms of Service.
- This article illustrates the process of adding an alias email address via Gmail; the process is similar when selecting another provider such as O365. Select the applicable provider and follow the prompts. For more information, contact your Outreach Administrator as applicable.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the User's initials (avatar) in the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click You in the User Admin section of the Settings panel.
- Click Mailboxes in the menu bar and click Edit for the applicable email address. Note: Each User has a limit of two mailboxes that can be configured.
- Select the applicable email provider from the Email Provider dropdown menu. Note: Alias email addresses must be configured using the Password Legacy mailbox options for the applicable mail service provider. Gmail and O365 now require app-specific passwords and other providers may require users to configure 2FA. For more information, refer to the applicable articles in the Additional Resources section of this article. Note: Selecting the Gmail Legacy option as a provider requires the configuration of an application-specific password with 2-Step Verification. For more information, refer to the Set Up an Alias With Gmail's 2-Step Verification article.
- Input the primary email address in the Username field.
- Click Change Password and input the password used to sign into the primary email address.
- Click to enable the Sending and Syncing toggles as applicable.
- Click Save.
Outreach University - Account Setup
Set Up an Alias With Gmail's 2-Step Verification
Protect your account with 2-Step Verification
How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account