The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach admins in setting the Salesforce field-level security for Type fields.
Salesforce Admins must enable Field Level Security for Type Fields to allow updates and changes to be reflected in both Salesforce and Outreach.
- Outreach Admins
- Salesforce Admins
How To Set Field-Level Security for Type Fields in Salesforce
- Access the Salesforce instance.
- Click Setup in top navigation menu.
- On the left-hand panel, find the section labeled "Build". Click on the arrow next to "Customize" and select "Activities" and then "Task Fields" in the dropdown menu.
- On the page that appears to the right, click on "Type".
- Click on the button "Set Field-Level Security".
- Check the box next to Visible. Outreach only requires the "System Administrator" to be visible, but additional roles can also be selected.
Add The Field to the Lead/Contact Layout
- On the top of the Salesforce page, click on "Setup". On the left hand panel, find the section labeled "Build". Click on the arrow next to "customize and select "Activities" and then "Task Page Layouts" in the dropdown menu.
- On the page that appears to the right, click on "Edit" next to the "Task Layout".
- Drag "Type" from the Task Layout header and pull it into any area within the task information.