The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users regarding changing email senders mid-sequence. Users also need to follow the steps if they switch mailboxes, or if the old mailbox is removed or disconnected.
Note: If you're changing the sequencer from one user to another, this process DOES NOT change the current pending sequence task owner. It only updates the sequencer, the email sender, and will update any new/future tasks in the sequence. If there is an existing pending sequence task, you will have to manually change the owner or let the previous owner complete it. If it is a manual email task, that existing pending sequence task will still be owned by the previous user, but the sender of the email will be from the new sequencer's email.
- Outreach Users
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click on Sequences from the left panel.
- Select the sequence that needs adjustment.
- On the top of the sequence page, select "prospects" and filter by the prospects that need adjustment.
- If needed, remove the "owned by me" filter on the top of the prospect list so you can see all prospects in the sequence.
- Click More (three dots) button on the top of the page.
- Select Assign Mailbox from the dropdown menu.
- Select the mailbox you'd like future emails in this sequence to be delivered from.
- If you'd like all future e-mail steps to be delivered from the selected mailbox, select Yes, update the mailbox of any existing undelivered emails.
- Confirm the update by clicking Assign.