Variables allow information to auto-populate in an email template or snippet, making your emails relevant to the participant. Variables might go by merge fields, placeholder, or custom fields in other applications, but it’s all the same idea; information that already exists within the profile information of the prospect will auto-populate into the email.
There are a number of variable categories available for use.
- Prospect Variables
- Sender Variables
- Account Variables
- Day of the Week Variables
- Miscellaneous (conditional/comment) Variables
Finding the List of Available Variables
The list of available variables are found on the content creation page. When new content is created, you can find the double bracket variable option at the bottom of the compose window.
- Create a new template, snippet, single, or bulk email by clicking on the "Quick Actions" button on the top right of the page.
- On the compose window, click on the brackets and select the list of variables you're interested in adding. We provide prospect, sender, account, and a list of miscellaneous variables to choose from. Make sure you scroll through the list to see all of your options.
- As you create your content, you can type of select the variables included in the variable menu. If creating an email template, you can include variables in the subject line.
- All prospect fields, including custom fields, will be auto-populated. When the variable pulls the field into the template, the message will be personalized for each prospect that is scheduled to receive the email template/snippet.
- You can reference the preview panel on the right, which pulls in a few of your prospects so you can see exactly how the text will appear. If the field is populated in the prospect profile, the variable will turn yellow.
- If the information is not populated, the field will turn red. As a safeguard, emails with red highlighted variables, or no information to populate, will not be delivered.