The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach admins in adding a new Persona to Outreach.
Personas are a way to classify your prospects based on similar attributes to help improve dialog and communication.
- Outreach Admins
- Personas can be used to filter a list of Prospects. For more information on searching and filtering Prospects, refer to the How to Apply Filters to Prospects article.
Communicating with Different Personas
It is important to understand the preferred personas for each audience segmentation for tailoring sequences to the ways Prospects prefer to be communicated with. Personas are a result of connecting the dots by understanding a Prospect's industry, vertical, title, and where a Prospect is geographically located. Weaving these data points together assist in crafting an effective Persona. For example, a VP of Sales in a SaaS company may not play the same role as a VP of Sales in a manufacturing company. Understanding how your product can be the solution with your audience is important in crafting your personas. As a SaaS company you may want to set up personas as follows:
- C-Level | Tech and security | USA
- C-Level | Tech and security | Europe
- Tier 3's | SDR | Tech and security | USA
- Tier 3's | SDR | Tech and security | Europe
- Tier 3's | BDR | Tech and security | USA
- Tier 3's | BDR | Tech and security | Europe
- Tier 3's | AE | Tech and security | USA
- Tier 3's | AE | Tech and security | Europe
Personas are an incredible way to segment the prospects in your accounts for account-based sales. As a general rule of thumb, when determining what your personas should be, you should start simple. Think about four to five persona segments that you commonly target in your sales efforts.Then, think about the titles and roles that would segment them, and set your triggers up to reflect this.
How To Create a Persona
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click on the user's initials in the navigation sidebar.
- Click Prospects under the System Config section of the Settings Panel.
- Click the Personas tab in the menu bar.
- Click Add on the Personas landing page.
- Input the title of the persona in the Name field.
- Input a description as applicable.
- Click Save.
The new persona has been added to the list.
Complete the workflow by applying the Persona to a Prospect.
Creating Persona-Specific Triggers
By combining the title and persona fields, you can create a trigger to auto-assign personas. Below is an example of how you'd set up a trigger to automatically assign a persona to a prospect that is created or updated and does not yet have a persona assigned.