Triggers are an extremely powerful admin feature that allow you to automate action in Outreach.
Parts of a Trigger
1. Trigger Event
The trigger event determines when a trigger should take action.
2. Trigger Conditions
Conditions can be applied to prospects or accounts in Outreach. Conditions outlined in the trigger must be met before the trigger fires. Prospect and account conditions are built from fields that exist on the prospect or account record. Examples include "Title contains VP" or "Opt out is not false".
When you create a trigger that fires in the event that a meeting is booked, in addition to the prospect and account conditions you'll have a list of meeting conditions. These include the following options:
- Booked By Prospect - The meeting was booked by a prospect using the public calendar link (true/false)
- Booked From Outreach - The meeting was booked using the Outreach public calendar link, insert availability, or by sending an invite through the Outreach platform (outside of your email client) (true/false)
- Has Prospect - The meeting has at least one prospect on the invite (true/false)
- Booker - The Outreach user that booked the meeting (picklist)
- Meeting Type - The name of the meeting type (picklist)
- Owner - The owner of the booked meeting, which can be different from the meeting booker (picklist)
3. Trigger Actions
The trigger action is the specific action the trigger takes when the trigger event and conditions are met.
Trigger When a Meeting is Booked
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach platform. On the settings panel, find the section labeled "System Config" and select "Triggers".
- Click the "+Add" button on the top right corner of the page. A pop up window will appear.
- Best Practice: Click "edit trigger" in the bottom right of the "Add Trigger" window to see all trigger options.
- Name the trigger and set the trigger event to "Meeting Booked".
- Add conditions. When you set the trigger event to "Meeting Booked" you'll see a new section appear in the conditions section called "meeting conditions" where you can enter the call conditions that must be met when a call is logged for the trigger to take action.
- Add any prospect and account conditions that you also want to require for the trigger to fire.
- Select the trigger actions.
- Save your changes and return to the trigger overview page. Find your new trigger and enable it by clicking on the master toggle, found to the left of the trigger name.
Note: As multiple triggers are created, Outreach will fire triggers based on the order they are listed on the overview page.