The global sidebar allows you to easily access key features of the Outreach platform. Quickly view your activity feed or calendar, and seamlessly access and update prospect and account information while executing tasks.
Global Sidebar Settings
Before you begin using the global sidebar, you have settings you can use to personalize your experience. Open the global sidebar by clicking on the hamburger bar on the top right hand side of the Outreach platform. Click into one of your tasks and find the three dots on the right corner of the task flow. You'll see a dropdown menu with four options:
- Overview Page - View the Sales Intelligence Tiles page when completing tasks in the task flow for quick reference.
- Activity Page - See the activity history of the prospect when completing a task assigned to them
- Emails Page - View all historical emails delivered to reference communication history with the prospect
- Sequences Page - View the sequence overview page to see what sequence the prospect is/was active in when the task was created.
Below the dropdown is a checkbox option to “Show sequence details page task is associated with a sequence”.
This option will automatically show you deeper insights into the sequence activity that took place with the prospect before the task was generated. This view will only be applied to tasks that came from sequences, and will not apply to one-off tasks.
Global Sidebar Overview: Task List
To find the global sidebar, click on the checklist icon on the top right hand side of the Outreach platform, found directly next to the quick actions button. When you click on the global sidebar, a new panel will open, regardless of what page you're on in Outreach.
On the top of the global sidebar, you'll be able to quickly toggle between tasks that are due, your activity feed, and your calendar.
On the task tab, you have several options to choose from. First, you can click on the big play button, which will automatically start the task flow. Alternatively, you can click into one of the listed options:
- All Tasks - View or complete all tasks that are due. Clicking into this option will allow you to sort tasks by priority or engagement before entering the task flow.
- One-Off Tasks - View or complete tasks that were created outside of a sequence. Clicking into this option allows you to sort tasks by priority or engagement before entering the task flow.
- Sequence Tasks - View or complete tasks that are specific to a sequence. Clicking into this option allows you to pick the tasks associated with a specific sequence and sort by priority or engagement before entering the task flow.
- Account Tasks - View or complete tasks that are specific to a particular account. Clicking into this options allows you to pick the tasks associated with a specific account, and sort by priority or engagement before entering the task flow.
- Opportunity Tasks - View or complete tasks that are specific to an Opportunity that you own. Clicking into this options allows you to pick the tasks associated with a specific Opportunity, and sort by priority before entering the task flow.
Regardless of your selection, you can click on the "play" button to enter the task flow and start completing your tasks.
You'll automatically be brought into the standard task flow, with prospect information pulled in on the left. The global sidebar will still be located on the right side of the page. The dark header will show the number of tasks, the task type, and prospect information. Hovering over the prospect's name will pull up a quick view card, which includes last engagement, last touch, and quick access to call, email, or book a meeting with the prospect.
Under the prospect's name and title are icons, which are quick links to websites included on the prospect profile. Clicking on any of the icons will open a new tab and direct you to the related website.
Below the dark header, you can complete the task, or click on the tabs on the top of the page to view the prospect's activity history, edit the prospect information, edit account information (if the prospect is assigned to an account).
Global Sidebar & Outreach Everywhere Chrome Extension
If you are using the Outreach Everywhere chrome extension, you'll be able to take advantage of the global sidebar while you work. If window mode is enabled, clicking on the chrome extension will pop open a new window.
Click on the global side bar icon on the top right hand side of the page to view and execute your tasks, view Outreach activity in real time, or view calendar availability as you book new meetings.