The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in enabling Outreach email and link tracking options.
- Outreach Users
- Open tracking is enabled by default.
- Disabling open tracking disables tracking for the active email only.
- Enabling or disabling the tracking option is not retroactive.
- Enabling and disabling tracking options occurs at the email level.
- Outreach tracks that a link is clicked, not which link is clicked.
- Click tracking is not enabled by default. When creating a new sequence step, click tracking must be enabled at each step. Alternatively, click tracking can be enabled at the template level.
- Open and click tracking can be triggered by email servers scanning the mailings, as well as blocked by email servers for security and privacy reasons.
- Prospect clicking the unsubscribe link will not count as a click.
Outreach Tracking Options Overview:
Outreach provides Users the ability to track and report when a Prospect has engaged with an email by enabling two options within the Outreach email:
Open-Tracking provides the User the ability to track if a Prospect has opened an email by adding an invisible pixel to the email. Each time the email is opened, the pixel is downloaded and Outreach registers the action in-app.
Note: Outreach tracks email opens if the email is opened by the same person multiple times or if the recipient forwards the email and a new recipient opens the email.
Users are able to determine if a Prospect has opened an email by accessing the Outreach Outbox and viewing the Open-Tracking icon (eyeball).
The color of the open-tracking icon illustrates the Prospect engagement. If the icon is blue, the Prospect has opened the email once.
Blue icons with numbers in the upper right corner illustrate that the email was opened more than once.
Grey icons indicate that the email has not yet been opened.
Click-Tracking provides the User the ability to track if a Prospect has clicked a link within an email. If a prospect clicks on an unsubscribe link included in the mailing, this will not count toward click tracking.
If an email contains three links, and each link is clicked once, then Outreach reports the click-tracking number as three. We cannot determine or display which link within a given email was clicked, only if a link was clicked. If multiple links are included in a message, we cannot say which link was clicked.
Users are able to determine if a Prospect has clicked a link by accessing the Outreach Outbox and viewing the Click-Tracking icon (link).
The color of the click-tracking icon illustrates the Prospect engagement. If the icon is blue, the Prospect has clicked the link. Blue icons with numbers in the upper right corner illustrate that a link was clicked more than once. Grey icons indicate that the email has not yet been opened.
How To Enable Email and Link Tracking in Outreach:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the email icon (envelope) in the Quick Action navigation bar.
- Click Add tracking.
- Click to enable the applicable option as described in the table below:
Variable Description Add as Prospect Adds the recipient as a Prospect to Outreach provided the email is not already associated with an existing Prospect. Track Clicks Provides the User the ability to track if a link is clicked. Track Opens Provides the User the ability to track if an email is opened.
Note: Track Opens is enabled by default.
Note: This is only valid for Bulk Composed messages.
Access the Outreach Outbox and review the tracking icon to determine the open status.