Syncing Outreach Meetings to Salesforce
Meetings booked through Outreach Meetings that are associated to an Outreach prospect will sync to the corresponding Salesforce Lead/Contact. These meetings will post as an event under a "Meeting" type.
Adjusting the Salesforce Plugin for Outreach Meetings
To sync meetings to Salesforce, the Salesforce plugin needs to be set up correctly. You must be an Outreach Admin to make any adjustments to the plugin.
1. Click on the initials in the bottom left hand corner of Outreach, and click "plugins" under the settings panel.
2. Click into the Salesforce plugin and under "Types" click into "Event".
3. The settings for the event type come out-of-the box, so no adjustments are needed or recommended. We recommend enabling Pushing, Outbound Create, and Outbound update.
4. You'll want to leave the prospect condition under Outbound Create "on", to ensure meetings are not pushed to Salesforce that are not associated with a Lead/Contact.
5. Field settings also come out-of-the-box, but can be adjusted as needed.
What happens if a prospect cancels or reschedules a meeting?
If a prospect uses your reschedule link to find a new time to meet, the change will sync back to Outreach and subsequently update the event in Salesforce. If a prospect declines or cancels a meeting, that change will only be reflected in Outreach.