The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins regarding syncing meetings to Salesforce.
Meetings booked through Outreach Meetings that are associated to an Outreach prospect will sync to the corresponding Salesforce Lead/Contact. These meetings will post as an event under a "Meeting" type.
- Outreach Admins
- To sync meetings to Salesforce, the Salesforce plugin needs to be set up correctly. You must be an Outreach Admin to make any adjustments to the plugin.
- Orgs on Lightning Sync for Google may encounter duplicate meetings being synced to SFDC. Refer to the Get Ready to Sync Events with Lighting Sync for Google article.
- Orgs operating Salesforce Einstein may encounter duplicate emails being synced to SFDC. The two features, Outreach Mail and Salesforce Einstein conflict and perform the same tasks similarly causing duplicates. Users are encouraged to use either Outreach Mail or Salesforce Einstein to remedy this experience. For information regarding Salesforce Einstein, refer to the manufacturer's website.
Adjusting the Salesforce Plugin for Outreach Meetings
- Click the user's initials in the navigation sidebar.
- Click Plugins under the System Config section of the Settings panel.
- Click the Salesforce Plugin.
- Click Event in the Object Types list.
- Configure the settings as illustrated in the image below.
- You'll want to leave the prospect conditions under Outbound Create "on", to ensure meetings are not pushed to Salesforce that are not associated with a Lead/Contact and ensure only one event is pushed to SFDC for the owner of the event (whoever's calendar it's on). Note: Field settings come out-of-box and can be adjusted as applicable.
What happens if a prospect cancels or reschedules a meeting?
If a prospect uses your reschedule link to find a new time to meet, the change will sync back to Outreach and subsequently update the event in Salesforce. If a prospect declines or cancels a meeting, that change will only be reflected in Outreach.
Will Meetings that have already been synced to Salesforce sync again and create duplicates?
Before a meeting is synced to Salesforce, Outreach looks for an event where the owner (assignee), subject, start & end time match. If they match, Outreach considers this event a duplicate and will not sync to Salesforce.
Can Meeting Attribution be synced to Salesforce [Beta]?
Yes! To sync Meeting Attribution information to Salesforce, you can now map the name of the related sequence in the plugin, allowing you to report on meetings booked in SFDC. Simply map the field "Attributed Sequence Name" from Outreach to a custom text field in SFDC on the Event Object.