The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in applying meeting restrictions to calendar invites.
Meeting restrictions are settings that you can configure to create meeting buffers, attach rescheduling links, prevent prospects from double booking meetings, or book meetings too soon/far in advance.
- Outreach Users
- Restriction settings only apply when a Prospect books a meeting through your public calendar link or through a reschedule link, users can ignore these restrictions when booking meetings manually themselves.
Meeting Notice and Meeting Buffers:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the user's initials in the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Personal Settings.
- Open Calendar Setup under the "Meetings" header.
- Update the meeting restrictions under the Restrictions section as outlined in the table below.
Option Description Meeting Notice
Enabling these setting allows the user to prevent Prospects from scheduling meetings without enough notice, or too far in advance.
Users must define a minimum AND maximum scheduling notice. Maximum scheduling notice should not be set to "0" as this still stop any meetings from being booked
Enabling these settings allows the user to define how much time before and after a meeting is required before another meeting can be booked.
Note: Buffers are based on the proposed time for a meeting. If a user has a 30 minute buffer before a meeting and a 60 minute buffer after a meeting, then all other meetings must work around that schedule.
Example: User has a meeting from 8 AM to 9 AM with a Prospect. There is a 30 minute buffer before the meeting, and a 60 minute buffer after the meeting. Prospects will only be able to book a meeting with the User for 7 AM to 7:30 AM or after 10 AM.
Include reschedule link in meeting invites If Enabled, meeting invites will include a Reschedule link for a prospect to book a more convenient time Prevent other users from double booking on this calendar Enabled, meetings will not be double-booked by Users. Prospects can never double-book, regardless of this setting.
- Complete configuring the meeting restrictions as applicable and click Save.