This article aims to provide Outreach Users with information about Topics and Buyer Reactions and how they can be best utilized to improve performance. Topics and Buyer Reactions on the call recording page provide Outreach users an at-a-glance understanding of what was discussed in the meeting, how well those points of discussion were received, and a way to play back these moments of interest without listening to the entire call.
- Outreach User
- Outreach Kaia uses a custom-built machine-learning model to determine the Topics and Reactions. The prediction accuracy of the topic and reaction model is continually improving. At the feature launch, the model accuracy was equivalent to human performance.
What is the feature?
Outreach automatically identifies the topics discussed in a meeting and how the buyer reacts to the information presented by the Rep. A user can quickly understand what the call was about, and drill into specific moments of the call where a particular topic was discussed or a buyer objection was raised.
Key functions of the feature:
- Key moments depict:
- Negative buyer reactions raised during the call. It shows who raised a negative reaction, the topic it was about, and when it occurred. Clicking on the key moment plays it back as it was presented during the call.
- The most frequently discussed topics and the overall talk time spent on each. Clicking on a topic takes you to the first instance of that particular topic discussion.
- Topics timeline and filter show when a topic was discussed during the call. Clicking the filter allows users to playback only the call portion for the selected topics.
How to access:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click on Kaia and navigate to one of the call recordings.
- On the Transcript sidebar > Highlights, Click on any of the Key speaker moments.
The Topic filters allow users to playback only the portions of a call where a certain topic is discussed. To access the Topic filters click on the Topics tab below the call timeline.
For focused playback of only a specific topic, select the headphone icon on the right of the topic.
Topic Category Glossary
Budget and Pricing
|Items related to the financial capabilities of the Prospect or the pricing of the Product/Service being sold.|
|Competitor||Discussions of an opposing Company, Product, Service, or Feature|
|Demo/Trial||Items related to a Demo or Trial offered to Prospects.|
|Discovery||Conversation related to requirements or criteria needed to move the deal forward, such as intended uses or objectives for the Product/Service.|
|Event and Marketing||Engaging the Prospect with an invitation to an event or other marketing initiative such as a Testimonial, Survey, Beta test, or similar.|
|Legal||Discussions about contracts, governance, and legal.|
|Logistics||Items about status updates, onboarding, or selecting a specific date and time.|
|Next Steps||Actions to be taken next, including follow-up actions and setting up another meeting.|
|Organization||Includes mentions of any organization including the buyer, 3rd parties, vendors, and consultants. Competitive organizations are not captured here, they are under the Competitor topic.|
|Product||Discussions about the product or service offered.|
|Purchase||Discussions about purchase, renewal, expansion, and making payments.|
|Sales Pitch||General sales activities that advance the deal forward.|
|Stakeholders||People involved in decision-making or work items related to the sale.|
|Support||Items involving requests for assistance. Including how-to information or issues encountered using the product or service.|
|Other||Items that are not categorized into an existing topic.|
Negative - Prospect expresses negative sentiment, this can include: