You sync in Opportunities from Salesforce to Outreach, but your contact roles that are associated to the Opportunity in Salesforce are not being included and syncing with the Opportunity in Outreach.
Users syncing Opportunities from Salesforce to Outreach.
- If your Org wants the system to automatically associate those contacts when syncing, rather than manually doing it in the system.
- You may need to be an admin or a user with the appropriate governance profile to make changes/updates in the CRM plugin.
- Make sure the 'Create associated Contacts' toggle is enabled in the CRM plugin on the Opportunity object under Inbound Create. This will associate the contacts when syncing your Opportunities. You will also want to make sure those conditions are met, if created and applicable.
- Check to see if the 'Create new Prospects' toggle is enabled on the Contact object in the Plugin. If it is not, the system will not create that contact if it doesn't already exist in the Outreach system. You will have to either enable this or manually create/sync that contact in Outreach
- The owner of the Contact is not correctly mapped in User object in the Plugin. If the above options are already configured, then the system may be trying to create that contact, but it will fail if the owner of the contact is not correctly mapped. This normally happens if user accounts are either repurposed or duplicated. This article will walk admins through how to create and confirm user mappings.
The system is technically doing what you asked it to do. Make sure you have the correct configuration by reviewing the above resolution options.