The purpose of this article is to provide direction on how to Add/Delete a user mapping in Outreach.
Every record in Outreach (prospects, accounts, tasks, etc.) must be mapped to its corresponding record in Salesforce to accurately sync data. Mapping users ensures your reps' activities push to Salesforce and any mapped fields on the user level update properly.
- Outreach Users
- Before adding a user mapping, use the search bar at the top to check for an existing mapping. If none exists, you can proceed to add a new mapping for your user.
- The external, Salesforce ID must be used to search for existing mappings. For users, these will start with "005." Searching for the user's name will return no results.
- This article references a Salesforce Sandbox environment to illustrate Outreach behavior; behavior for this process is the same for all Outreach-supported CRMs.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Access the CRM Sync settings.
- Click User object mapping.
- Click Mappings in the menu bar and click Add.
Note: Confirm the user doesn't already exist in the mapped user list to avoid the "Unable to save because of a server issue" error.
- On the New User Mapping window, select the applicable users from the CRM User: and Outreach User: dropdown menus.
- Click Save.
- The new user will appear in the mapped user list.
Fixing Mismatched or Delete Users Mapping
While looking in this area of the plugin, you may notice mappings that don't match. This can be a result of repurposing seats instead of creating new seats to replace old ones.
To fix this, hover over the incorrect mapping and click the dropdown arrow or ... menu that appears on the right. Click Remove.
Once the incorrect mapping is removed, follow steps 3-6 above to add the correct mapping for the user.