With the Salesforce plugin, you have the option to import Salesforce reports directly into Outreach.
To complete a Salesforce report import, you must first create a report of Leads or Contacts (not a combination of leads and contacts).
Create a Report in Salesforce
- In Salesforce, click on the Reports tab
- Click on the "New Report" button
- Select the report type and click the Create button
- For a Contact report choose "Contacts & Accounts"
- For a Lead report choose "Leads"
- Choose "All Leads" in the report, then use the search on the left to find the "Owner" field and drag it over to filter.
- Drag any additional fields over into the body of the report to add more data columns to the report (such as "Title" or "Source").
- Click the "Run Report" button, then "Save As"
- Save the report in the "Unfiled Public Reports" folder
Import the Salesforce Report into Outreach
- Click the "Quick Actions" button located in the top right hand corner. If on a listview page, the Quick Actions can be accessed by clicking on the lightning bolt icon on the top right corner.
- From the menu, select "bulk create". You'll be brought to the import page in Outreach
- Under "Import Type" select "Salesforce Report"
- Find your report by typing in the name of the report.
- Select whether you'd like to import the report once, daily, or hourly.
- Click "Next" and you'll be brought to the mappings page. Here we surface all columns of the Salesforce report, which you can map to the corresponding Outreach report, or leave them blank if they is no corresponding match.
- On the final page of the import, you can select prospect ownership, overwrite existing fields with the report information or update missing fields on existing prospects, assign a time zone, add a stage, add a source, add additional tags, and decide whether or not you want to automatically load additional data from Salesforce. Once you've made your changes, click on "Next" on the top right corner of the page and confirm the import.