The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach users in importing a Salesforce-generated report into Outreach.
- Outreach Users
- Salesforce limits imports to 2000 records per import. To import a larger number of records, Outreach recommends exporting the Salesforce report to a .CSV file and importing the .CSV file to Outreach.
- Include any filters for Inbound Create or Inbound Update Conditions set up in the Plugin object, since the Salesforce report will not take these into account when importing records. For example: If your Leads Inbound Create has a Condition to not include Leads named "John" but a John is in your Salesforce report, a Prospect record for John will be created unless the records are filtered.
- For more information regarding how to create and export a report from Salesforce, contact your Salesforce Admin, or review the Salesforce support article, Create a Report.
Before This Procedure, Users have:
- Generated a Salesforce report for "Leads" or "Contacts & Accounts"
- Run the Report for either All Leads or All Accounts rather than just "My Leads" or "My Contacts" and then added filters to include the appropriate records
- On Salesforce Classic: The Report was saved under Unfiled Public Reports
- On Salesforce Lightning: The Report was saved under Public Reports
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the Actions button in the top right-hand corner and select Bulk Create from the dropdown menu.
- Select the applicable report from the Import Type: dropdown menu as described in the table below:
Import Type: Description Prospects comma-separated values file (.csv)
Imports a .csv file containing Prospect record data, such as first name, last name, email address, etc.
For more information on importing Prospect records with .csv file, refer to the How To Import Prospects via .CSV File article.
Accounts comma-separated values file (.csv)
Imports a .csv file containing Accounts record data such as first name, last name, email address, etc.
For more information on importing Accounts records with a .csv file, refer to the How To Import Accounts via .CSV File article.
Opportunities comma-separated values file (.csv)
Imports a .csv file containing applicable columns and cells defining Opportunity criteria.
Prospect Salesforce Report Imports a Salesforce-generated file containing data for Leads or Contacts. Opportunity Salesforce Report Imports a Salesforce-generated file containing data for Opportunities.
- Select the applicable report from the Select report: dropdown menu.
- Select the applicable frequency from the Frequency: dropdown menu and click Next. Note: The import frequency cannot be changed once the report is imported to Outreach. Users must reconfigure a new report to change the frequency.
- Confirm the field mappings and configure as applicable. Note: To assign the import to a specific account, click to select the Assign Account option.
- Click Next.
- Update the fields as outlined in the table below:
Field Description Owner: Assigns an owner to the imported records. What to do with duplicates?: Directs the platform on how to treat duplicate records:
- Skip - Does not update information on records that already exist in Outreach.
- Overwrite existing fields - Replaces existing information on the record with information contained in the file.
- Update missing fields - Updates record fields that are not present.
Stage: Adds the record to a sequence stage. Timezone: Applies the applicable Time Zone to the records. Source:
Applies a source to the list of records.
Additional Tags: Adds additional tags to the imported records. Load additional data from Salesforce Pulls data from Salesforce.
- Click Next.
- Click Start Import.
- Outreach imports the Salesforce file into the platform as configured.
Outreach provides the opportunity for users to configure report imports from Salesforce on a recurring basis.
To view recurring imports:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click Administration (The Gear Icon).
- Click Imports under the System Activity section in the Left Side Panel.
Note: Recurring reports can not be updated from this page. To update the frequency in which an import runs, users must repeat the above process as applicable.
- Recurring reports will show under the Recurring Imports section, there's a toggle for each report to turn them off or on.
Note: Users must register to access course 2: Import .CSV. Outreach University courses are free to Outreach Users.