When a prospect is placed within a sequence, they will go through different sequence states depending on how they react to the mailing sent.
These are the sequence states that a prospect can be in:
- Active: this means the sequence is enabled and the prospect is on a step ready to receive the email or task assigned to the particular step.
- Pending: this means that the sequence hasn't been enabled from the master toggle. It could also mean that the daily throttle limit has been reached or there is no delivery window open in the assigned schedule.
- Paused: this means that the user has manually paused the prospect within the sequence, they will remain in the sequence until they're 'resumed'
- Paused OOTO: this means that a mailing was sent to a prospect and an Out of the Office reply was received. They will remain paused until they are manually resumed, unless the sequence settings are enabled to automatically resume ooto prospects.
- Disabled: this means the sequence as whole has been disabled.
- Failed: this means that the mailing failed to send. If you hovers your mouse over the failed label, the reason for why it failed will be given.
- Bounced: if you click into the prospect's profile, under the Email tab, and hovers your mouse over the bounced label, the reason for why if bounced will be given.
- Finished (Replied): this means the prospect replied to a mailing and has been removed from the sequence.
- Finished (No Reply): this means the prospect received all steps in the sequence and has be removed without replying.
- Opted-Out: this means the prospect has selected the unsubscribe link to opt out of mailings in the future.
These sequence states will be automatically assigned by Outreach however, you can manually assign these to the prospect from within the sequence too: