The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach admins in connecting and testing Salesforce Plugin Environment.
- Outreach Admins
- Some Outreach views and options require admin-level governance permissions. If the options outlined in this article are unavailable, contact the Org’s Outreach Administrator as applicable. For more information regarding governance profile settings, refer to the Governance Profile Settings Overview article.
- Outreach recommends Admins test CRM settings in a sandbox environment prior to production to confirm the settings work as desired.
- Outreach does not have a built-in sandbox environment but can connect with a Salesforce sandbox to confirm connection and functionality. For more information regarding connection requirements, refer to the Outreach & CRM Connection Overview article.
- Any sandbox that is enabled for testing should be disabled after enabling a connection to a Salesforce production environment to prevent record syncing issues.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Access the CRM Sync page.
- Click on the applicable CRM environment and follow the prompts to connect.
- Click Allow to grant Outreach access to CRM information if prompted.
- Input the applicable login credentials if prompted.
The CRM is now connected to Outreach.
Test Pushing Data from Outreach to Salesforce
- Access the CRM integration.
- Click the Lead object in the Types list.
- Scroll to the Set sync frequency section, check the box Automatically push changes to Salesforce and click Save.
- Scroll to the Set field mappings section.
- Click to select the Update Salesforce and Update Outreach options for the Lead Source <> Source field as applicable.
- Navigate to a test prospect's profile.
Note: For more information on importing a single prospect from a CRM, refer to the Import a Single Lead, Contact, or Account from a CRM article.
- Click Edit on the Prospect's Profile page.
- Update a field configured to sync such as the Source in the Prospect's profile and click Save.
- Repeat this process for the Contact and Accounts objects as applicable.
The corresponding Salesforce field will update within two minutes to reflect the changes made in Outreach.
Test Pulling Data into Outreach from Salesforce
Before This Procedure, Admins have:
- Created a new Lead or Contact in their CRM for testing. The new Lead or Contact must include values in fields that will be syncing between Outreach and the CRM such as first name, last name, email, etc.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- From the Home page, click the Actions button and select the CRM Load option.
Note: The option may read, Salesforce Load or Dynamics Load depending on the CRM.
- Select Lead from the CRM Object Type: dropdown menu.
- Select the matching record from the CRM Lead: dropdown menu.
- Click to deselect the Skip Integration Filters and Conditions option.
- Click Import.
- Repeat this process for Contact and Account objects as applicable.
Additionally, Admins can test synchronization between platforms by posting email activity to Salesforce.
Push Email Activity to Salesforce
- Ensure the Lead or Contact record who will be emailed has been created in Outreach as a Prospect.
- Click into the prospect's profile, then click the prospect's email address located in the right sidebar.
- Compose a message by typing content into the subject and body fields, then click the Send button.
Emails will post to the Activity section of the Lead or Contact record in Salesforce within 60-90 seconds.