CSV files are a reliable way to import a list of prospect (Contact or Lead) records into Outreach. A CSV is a "comma separated values" file, which allows data to be saved in a table structured format, similar to Excel files (.xls). CSVs look like a garden-variety spreadsheet but with a .csv extension.
To create a CSV file from an Excel file, choose the Save As option and change the file type to .csv - Comma Separated Values.
Import a CSV file into Outreach
- Click the "Quick Action" or the lighting icon in the upper right hand corner and choose "Bulk Create"
- Select your file and click the Next button on the top right corner.
- Map the columns of your CSV to corresponding fields in Outreach Example: "First Name" field in Outreach is mapped to the "First Name" column in the CSV file. The owner will default to the individual importing the prospect. To set a new owner, map the Outreach ID to the lead owner on this step of the import
Click next and on the third import screen select an owner for all the records in the CSV. You will have have the following options:
- Decide what to do with duplicates. Update Missing Fields will update only fields on the prospect that are not already present. Overwrite Existing Fields will replace existing information on the prospect with the information contained in the spreadsheet (overwritten fields only apply to fields mapped in the second step of the import). Skip will skip updating information on prospects that already exist in Outreach.
- Add a stage to the list of prospects (optional)
- Add a timezone that will apply to the list of prospects (optional)
- Add tags to the list of records to easily find and group them together (optional)
- Load additional data from Salesforce to sync the prospects with the corresponding lead/contact in Salesforce.
- Click "Next" and "Start Import" when you're ready.
*Note: We do not support UTF-8 files and special characters.