CSV files are a reliable way of importing a list of prospect (Contact or Lead) records into Outreach. A CSV is a "comma separated values" file, which allows data to be saved in a table structured format, similar to Excel files (.xls). CSVs look like a garden-variety spreadsheet but with a .csv extension.
To create a CSV file from an Excel file, choose the Save As option and change the file type to .csv - Comma Separated Values.
To import a CSV file of prospects into Outreach:
- Click the action or the lighting icon in the upper right hand corner and choose "Bulk Create"
- Select your file and click the Next button in the top right
- Map the columns of your CSV to corresponding fields in Outreach
- Example: "First Name" field in Outreach is mapped to the "First Name" column in the CSV file
- Click Next when you are done mapping fields
- Be sure to un-map fields that are not relevant, or duplicate fields such as Full Name vs. First Name/Last Name
- On the third import screen you must choose an owner for all the records in the CSV and can choose to add tags to the list of records to easily find and group them together later on
- Click Next and then Start Import when you are done
*we don't support UTF-8 files and special characters