The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in creating, updating, and removing Outreach Snippets.
Snippets are small pieces of text or an image used to help craft and personalize emails quickly to speed up a workflow. When a Snippet is added to an email, the Snippet is placed wherever the cursor is located, whether at the beginning, in the middle, or the end of pre-existing text.
For Example: If the cursor is between the words Hello and Greetings, the Snippet will be placed between the two words.
Snippets differ from Templates because they can be inserted into pre-written one-off emails, within an email Template, or added to a Sequence Email Step. Snippets can also act as a standalone pieces of information.
- Outreach Users
- Snippets are inserted where the User's cursor is on the email.
- A Snippet's size limit is approximately 65KB.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the Quick Actions button (lightening bolt) in the top right corner.
- Select Snippet from the Quick Actions dropdown menu.
Note: Alternatively, Users can click the Snippets icon (scissors) in the navigation sidebar and click the +Snippet button in the top right corner of the platform.
In the Snippets Smart View, Users have the ability to search and filter, and update specific Snippets as applicable.
For more information regarding Outreach Smart Views, refer to the How To Create a Custom Smart View article.
- Click the applicable option based on the table below:
Option Description New Create a new Snippet from scratch.
- Click New.
- Proceed to Step 4.
Blueprint Creates a new Snippet using common variables as a starting point.
- Click Blueprint.
- Search and click the applicable Snippet to build from.
- Proceed to Step 4.
Note: For more information regarding Variables, refer to the Outreach Variables Overview article.
Clone Creates a copy of an existing Snippet for modification.
- Click Clone.
- Search and click the applicable Snippet to clone.
- Proceed to Step 4.
- Input the Snippet name in the Name field.
- Configure the Snippet as applicable based on the tools described in the table below:
Tool Description Format Provides basic text and style formatting options.
Note: Outreach recommends removing formatting from copy/pasted content to ensure a uniform display is received by the Prospect.
Link Insert hyperlinks into text within the Snippet. Picture Inserts an image or GIF into the Snippet.
Note: GIFs can be added to Outreach content such as Snippets and Templates by navigating and selecting a .GIF file. GIF files must be small enough to fit in the body of the corresponding content.
Add Snippet Insert additional Snippets into the Snippet. Add Variable Add variables to create personalized content listed in the prospect's profile.
Note: Outreach advises Users preview and test template variables to avoid issues. For more information regarding variables, refer to the Outreach Variables Overview article.
Add HTML Insert HTML into the Snippet.
Note: Outreach recommends users test HTML content prior to adding to Outreach content. For more information regarding HTML, refer to the HTML Composer FAQs and contact your Outreach Administrator for HTML assistance as applicable.
- Input any tags and add the Snippet to a Collection if applicable. Note: Tags and Collections provide unique benefits to organizing and identifying content. For more information regarding these features, refer to the applicable content in the Additional Resources section in this article.
- Select the applicable owner from the Owner dropdown menu.
- Select the applicable visibility option from the Visibility dropdown as described in the table below.
Note: The ability to share a Snippet with other Users is controlled by Visibility options.
Option Description Private to Owner Only the owner can view and use the template. Others can only see it Users can see the template, but only the owner can use and configure the template. Others can see and use it The template can be used by all uses. Note: This option must be enabled to share a template with other Users.
- Review the Snippet for any issues in the Preview panel and edit as applicable.
- Click Save.
The Snippet is saved as configured and ready for use.
- Variables can be used when creating Snippets and will make your reply more personal.
- Use snippets to help wrap up emails and add hyperlinks for further engagement.
- Combine snippets to build new content or expand on current content
- Add descriptive titles to your snippets so you know exactly which snippet to use! Need a blurb about signing up for a demo? Search for titles related to demo responses to see the snippets provided
- Common objections - We already have a solution or Our budget is final for the year.
- Frequently used copy for outbound prospecting.
- Blurbs about your company, brand(s), product(s) & service(s)
- Competitive differentiators or basic battle cards - simple responses when someone asks "how are you different than X?"
- Frequently asked questions from prospects - "does your solution integrate with Y?"
- Mini customer stories and testimonials
Outreach University - Teams and Collections
Outreach University - Snippets & Templates