Exchange Impersonation is a configuration through which companies can set up a master service account(s), that can access individual user mailboxes. When using Exchange Impersonation to send a message, the email appears to be sent from the mailbox owner. The benefit of using this method is that individual users do not need to provide Outreach with their email username and password. Instead, we’d only require credentials to the service account, which in turn grants access to the individual mailboxes. To learn more about Exchange Impersonation, follow this link.
Note: Outreach supports Exchange 2010+ for Impersonation. At this time, alias emails cannot be connecting through a Master service Account.
Adding an Exchange Master Service Account to Outreach
To set up the Exchange Master Service Account in Outreach, you’ll need to have an Outreach admin and the individual within your organization with the Master Service Account Credentials.
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach platform.
- On the settings panel that appears, find the section labeled “User Admin” and select “Org”.
- Find the section labeled “Mailbox Setup” and click on “Exchange Service Account”
- Enter the Master Service Account credentials in the pop-up window and save your changes.
Note: These steps must be taken by the Outreach Admin before any additional users are added to Outreach.
Setting up Outreach User Mailboxes with Master Service Account
When a Master Service Account has been set up, individual users do not need to take any action to set up their mailbox. You can check your mailbox sync by following these steps:
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of Outreach
- On the top of the settings page, click on “Mailboxes”. If your admin has set up the Master Service account, and you’re a brand new Outreach user, your mailbox will already be created and configured to use the service account. When you click into the mailbox, you’ll see the send/sync toggles are enabled. No further actions are necessary!
Note: If your admin has set up the Master Service account after you already had access to Outreach, please email email@example.com