The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in adding an Exchange Master Service account to Outreach for Exchange Impersonation.
- Outreach Admins
- Outreach supports Exchange 2010+ for Impersonation. At this time, alias emails cannot be connected through a Master service Account.
- To set up the Exchange Master Service Account in Outreach, you’ll need to have an Outreach admin and the individual within your organization with the Master Service Account Credentials.
- These steps must be taken by the Outreach Admin before any additional users are added to Outreach.
Microsoft Exchange Master Service Account (MSA) Overview:
Adding an Exchange Master Service Account to Outreach
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the User's initials (avatar) in the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Org under the User Admin section in the Settings panel.
- Click Email in the menu bar.
- Click Edit to the left of the Exchange service account option.
- Complete the fields as applicable and click OK.
The MSA has been created.
Setting up Outreach User Mailboxes with Master Service Account
When a Master Service Account has been set up, individual users do not need to take any action to set up their mailbox. You can check your mailbox sync by following these steps:
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of Outreach
- On the top of the settings page, click on “Mailboxes”. If your admin has set up the Master Service account, and you’re a brand new Outreach user, your mailbox will already be created and configured to use the service account. When you click into the mailbox, you’ll see the send/sync toggles are enabled. No further actions are necessary!